Regarding the Poll:
Link to Reddit thread of poll
|CMMG Mag Release||A steel version of the mag release used in CMMG's Mk47 line of 7.62x39 rifles|
- Existing design from a large company
- Long enough for the Lower w/ AR trigger
- Must be remade in steel to account for steel magazines
- Thickness of release will result in trigger hole being shortened as seen on the CMMG Mk47 line
|Custom Mag Release||A customized mag release inspired by the CMMG mag release design but thinner|
+ Long enough for the Lower w/ AR trigger while not hampering the classic trigger design of the XCR
- Proprietary part made by a single machinist somewhere
|AK Mag Release||Reuse the mag release commonly used in the AK-47 line of rifles|
+ Cheaper and available
- Parts in varying quality, difficult to ensure compatibility
- Most likely too short to be used in the Lower w/ AR trigger
This thread will be the build log for the AK-XCR lower project. The previous thread will remain as a poll
to guide the direction of new projects in the future, the first few pages of the poll include initial musings of the project however.
The following images reflect the current state of the project.
First 3D print mounted to Standard upper:
Latest version of the CAD model, with CMMG mag release and AK magazine to aid in design.
The goal of this project is to produce two CAD models of the AK-XCR; one that uses the XCR trigger and a taller one that uses an AR-15 trigger group. Actual production is to be focused on the AK-XCR w/ AR FCG when it's time to put endmill to metal. Development is slowed due to the final stages of the AR-XCR-L project. It's hoped to have a complete lower built by the end of this year.