XCR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I got this in my e-mail at work (yeah, I promote SAF) yesterday.

One thing I'd like to point out:
The nra is NOT involved with this one.
Yet.

I imagine it'll be like the Katrina mess. SAF steps up to the plate, and AFTER the SAF starts the ball rolling, angry nra members want to know why the nra is doing NOTHING.

So they'll "join" SAF in the fight. Later. When they're forced to.

After all, this is the exact court ruling that the nra attempted to prevent from being heard in the first place.

Send your dough to SAF. They're a pro-active organization. More than that, unlike the nra, they're a pro-gun rights organization.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The NRA does a whole lot for keeping hunting lands open.

They also do a bunch on education of kids (the eddie eagle program and such). They're good on getting instructors trained, at least on paper...... an NRA instructors certification card means about nothing to me though.

Politically though, the NRA is second-string to SAF.
And they're pretty much second-string to GOA too.
Due to the very small budget, the nra is about on par with JPFO as far as what they do - JPFO is much more adamant about it though.

SAF is pretty much a political organization, and that's it.

If you're wanting to keep hunting areas open (and that's a good goal in and of itself) then send the nra some dough every once in a while. If you want to keep your rights, send SAF the dues every year, and then some on top of it.

The nra 'beg-athon' letters I get? Straight to the round bin. Until they start acting (politically) like a pro-gun organization, they can kiss my butt. And wayne la-PU can use tongue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.