XCR Forum banner

Ambi Safety?????

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  MadDogDan 
#1 ·
Someone posted a "how to" thread on the instalation of an Ambi Safety but didn't say where they purchased it. I have searched the Robinson web site but don't see an ambi safety for sale. Does anyone know where he got it?

MadDog ???

#6 ·
Martens, I ordered my XCR with the ambi-safety from the factory. Both sides are symmetrical. I shoot right handed and right side (ejector port side) safety does not bother me although I can feel it. I guess it might get annoying if I shot it for hours without a break, but if I was doing that much shooting I would be wearing gloves anyway.

#8 ·
It is symetrical. Just fine with me as a lefty. The lever is smaller than that of an AR, and with the less rotation from safe to fire, so, it doesn't interfere with your grip as much as an AR ambi selector, and I condsider that one to be pretty problem free already...

Try shooting a FAL left handed. Now that can get irritating after a while. The selector lever on that sucker is just huge.

#9 ·
I picked up an Ambi-Safety the other day when I was at RobArms ordering an 11" light barrel. I installed it in 5 minutes and it works perfectly. As a lefty it's really nice to finally be able to use my thumb to activate the safety.

Does anyone know if ambi mag releases for AR's will fit the XCR?

MadDog

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.