XCR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all I was wondering if there is an Ambi Selector switch available for my beloved??? Thanks for all the feed back I am getting from all you guys on here. Best place to come for common interests and to just shoot the pooo. :ninja:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Yes,there is a currently available ambi safety.It is my understanding that a new larger shelf paddle type safety is under development as well.

·
Registered
503 Posts
If you get your hands on one you'll love it! I got to try mine out this weekend, never thought I'd benefit from a ambi-safe but it's very nice...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Yes, I have one and love it. Compared to an AR ambi-safety, it is both lower profile, and of course only rotates ~45 degrees to the fire position... much more comfortable. They should be standard on all rifles.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Terra. how much does this Ambi-safety cost???

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only have money, dang!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Terra or Allie how much do the Ambi-Selector Switch cost??? New Version and the old version??? Thanks easter bunny!!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
i ordered the paddle safety june 16th and got it today.

now i was hoping terra would drop in here to explain the installation so I don't break anything ;D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
nm, already installed it. I are smahrt :D

will the head of the old safety screw onto the new body? after installing the ambi, the right paddle hits my trigger finger when I disengage it. I think the slimmer one might work better for me on that side.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I was worried about that... I really like the low profile of the old style ambi selector vs. a standard AR15 ambi selector. Anything called a "paddle" safety makes me think it is going to be digging into my metacarpal joint...

Are the "paddles" of the new selector the same size/length on both sides?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts