XCR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.ammunitionaccountability.com/

Anyone heard of this crap? Cliff notes version is they want to make it illegal to possess non coded ammunition in the states where the legislature has been filed by 2011. I'm ashamed to say that the state I was born in (TN) is one of them.

I don't know what to say or think about this. How can they be that stupid to think it'll really work?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
yes, there are stupid people out there, you really don't know until you start looking around the internet.

Glad to see that Arizona is about the only state that I might frequent that is listed under the legislation.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What the hell are they thinking? I mean really? I am having trouble even seeing the benefit in it. Its just going to produce problems for people who own and shoot legally.

In TN alone there is already a hefty ammo tax, then you are going to charge more. And then charge more for ammo. And then make it illegal for the stuff you have? Really?

???

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
A unique serial number for each projectile, are they fricking nuts.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
They'll probably have to make .22s illegal since they'll eventually not have enough room on there to fit the serial number.

·
Registered
447 Posts
A good friend of mine went to testify at the Maryland hearings on this. He said the only supporter to testify was the inventor and patent holder. :duh: Several ammo manufactures where there to testify against it as well. Everyone was professional and to the point from the twenty or so that spoke against it.

Besides being expensive and untested, it will be come a monumental accounting headache for the industry all for a serial number that is easily defeated/erased.

It was tossed out in liberal Maryland, but it could be back and it shows you the lengths people will go to subvert the Constitution. :mad:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes ... the ammo restrictions are an attempt of an end run around the constitution. It really scares me as much as the other awful gun control attemps. :mad:

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I have not gone the way of ammo accountability yet, but I have started mag accountability.

I number all my mags and will log problem mags in my battle star galactica notebook. If mags can't reliably feed they have to be held accountable and deserve a lifetime prison term at the local dumps.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VA,

Thats good to hear as far as the hearings go. I have been completely lost for this as it would be easily bypassed as you said, and only cause headaches for everyone involved from what I could surmise.

My father taught me accountability when it comes to shooting guns. Use two hands, control your breathing, ALWAYS know what you are pointing at loaded or unloaded, never shoot at something unless you are sure what it is and what might be behind it.

I'm sure I'm missing a great deal... but a law like this would punish folks like me, and I know there are many. To date the amount of "accidents" that I've had with firearms are 0, and I plan on keeping it that way.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I will sleep easier tonight knowing that when I'm shot by a criminal, the bullet will have a number on it.
They should etch OBL on all the bullets sent to the sand box. Maybe one will find it's owner.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes ... the ammo restrictions are an attempt of an end run around the constitution. It really scares me as much as the other awful gun control attemps. :mad:
Oh please. Don't you realize it's for your own good? Our leaders know what's best for us. You really shouldn't question the elite because ... well ... they're elite! Whatever my Dear Leadership asks me to believe, I will... and with pride, damn it!

·
Registered
919 Posts
what if you load your own? Or reload casings? Do you have to register each round you load?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts