XCR Forum banner

Ammo for breakin

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  DSM 
#1 ·
As I await the arrival of my XCR, I pass the time by constantly reading posts here, looking at accessories, ammo, etc... I'm sure that you all went through this anxious period as well. Anyways, I thought that I would ask the group's opinion on some ammo that Cabela's has on sale in the bargain cave. I was thinking about buying it for the break in of my XCR, but wanted to know if it would work OK.

From Cabela's web site:

"Bulk .223 Remington Black Hills Ammunition – 55-Grain FMJ
These new manufacture 55-grain full-metal-jacket loads produce an impressive 3,200 fps.
250 Rounds - 1 Dry Box - 124.99
500 Rounds - 2 Dry Boxes - 234.99"

I also have a coupon for a couple bucks off, and some Cabela's points, so it seemed like a good deal.

What do you all think?

Thanks.

#7 ·
Cabela's has XM193 for about $80-90 per 200. Military, LC08 headstamped and ready to go. The brass is great (if you don't reload, I'll take it off your hands! ;) ). I'm not a 'mil-spec' fan boy but it is one of the hotter loads out there that's reasonably priced now. When it's in stock out here I pick up a box and store it for a rainy day.

#9 ·
Hmmm. The Cabela's here usually has it in the store. Let me look around and see if I can't find it around.

Widener's has Prvi (Yugo) M193 that is good stuff. The older Prvi was loaded to steel-cased Wolf pressure and velocity so it sucked but anything headstamped after 06 will be at the correct velocity. I think 1K is something like $350. They've got Prvi M855 too if that's your flavor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.