XCR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious as to what your average groups sizes are and with what factory ammunition @ 100 y/m and using what bullet weight. The best I have been getting is 1.5"-2.5" @ 100. I have 500 rounds down range at this time from mu XCR. I am hoping that it is still breaking in and improve some.

What are you getting with handloads.

Thank for your replies.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I've only done one day of shooting handloads through the XCR for groups, and have only used one bullet, but my best load that day was:

-RORG 3x fired brass
-22.6gr H335, WSR primer
-Hornady 55gr FMJ plinking bullet.

A very light load. I should have pushed much further than I did, and eventually will. Fired a 12 round group, with a max spread of 2.158". Deducting one bad flier put 11 rounds into a max spread of 1.647.

I need to get a better scope on there, and then I will try again, with some better bullets as well.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
At the range last weekend I was testing some new handloads (just started loading 5.56). 55-grain winchester boattails on (I think) 23 grains of Varget. Out of my 18" heavy barrel, I was getting groups of around 1.5- 2 inches. I was shooting at 50-foot standard pistol targets, so the dot on my eotech pretty much covered the entire black center of the target, so my sight picture was not great. The gun can do better than that, though.

tk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts