XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
Hunting Shack and SSA both have rounds for well under a $1. to answer your question tho, no, no-one is making it any cheaper than maybe $.75 per round in bulk yet.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
If you don't reload, or have deep pockets the 6.8 does have a $ sting to it. I love the round, but I do reload which helps. :duh:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I would have bought some but I already have more than enough 6.8 for the current time. I wouldn't mind a group buy of brass though.

·
Registered
194 Posts
They are trying to put together a group buy on the 6.8 fourm.
funny thing is that I offered one here and nobody bought any IIRC (except me of course)
I know everyone appreciates the Hunting Shack group buys you have put together but even with the group discount, I think the lowest price was 80 cpr in buying a 1,000 rounds. Nice to have some good stuff put back, but high dollar for plinking. Maybe they can get the new plinker ammo coming out from SSA in that 50-60 range on bulk.

G

·
funny thing is that I offered one here and nobody bought any IIRC (except me of course)
I know everyone appreciates the Hunting Shack group buys you have put together but even with the group discount, I think the lowest price was 80 cpr in buying a 1,000 rounds. Nice to have some good stuff put back, but high dollar for plinking. Maybe they can get the new plinker ammo coming out from SSA in that 50-60 range on bulk.
if they did, I'd be all over it. ;)

maybe I'll nag HSM some more on the 6.8, but until someone starts making cheap brass, we are gonna be hostage to those prices.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be more in line with what I would hope to find some at. The cheapest they had was still $17+ / 20 rounds in bulk. Maybe we'll see some before they legislate us out of it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
What about Wolf,I bet if enough people get on their website and drop them an e-mail they would consider making it.In either steel or brass cased,or both.Privi Partisan is another alternative maker that should be cheaper,if they were to make it.In fact if I'm not mistaken they manufacture the ammo for the Wolf Gold line.

·
Registered
275 Posts
At least they,SSA, have changed their minds and decided to make the new plinking stuff available online.
I was excited to hear this as well. If it all had to go through a dealer I bet all the savings of a cheaper plinking round would be wiped out by the middleman.

·
Registered
194 Posts
What about Wolf,I bet if enough people get on their website and drop them an e-mail they would consider making it.In either steel or brass cased,or both.Privi Partisan is another alternative maker that should be cheaper,if they were to make it.In fact if I'm not mistaken they manufacture the ammo for the Wolf Gold line.
I e-mailed Wolf not too long ago asking if they had nay plans on making some 6.8. They were quick to reply with a big "No" but thanks for asking. I imagine they are more worried about getting as much product in the States as quickly as possible before B.O. bans foreign ammo.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
What about Wolf,I bet if enough people get on their website and drop them an e-mail they would consider making it.In either steel or brass cased,or both.
I e-mailed Wolf not too long ago asking if they had nay plans on making some 6.8. They were quick to reply with a big "No" but thanks for asking.
That's good. I'd rather Wolf didn't get sidetracked into making 6.8 SPC ammo, at least at present. Maybe after they deliver copious quantities of the 6.5 Grendel FMJ loading that was promised in January 2008... :rapidfire:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I e-mailed Wolf not too long ago asking if they had nay plans on making some 6.8. They were quick to reply with a big "No" but thanks for asking. I imagine they are more worried about getting as much product in the States as quickly as possible before B.O. bans foreign ammo.
Keep in mind, 6.5G was much easier for Wolf to produce since it already had parent casings.....the 6.8 isn't something Wolf already makes. Tooling up alone makes it cost prohibative for them to an extent.

Sean

1 - 20 of 21 Posts