XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided I wanted an M96 after shooting Robarms test gun. 3 weeks later, I have one. Thanks Terra for the heads up on KSL

I still need to add ambi bolt release, flash hider and have it inspected by Terra for upgrade needs, but otherwise, I think these are freaking cool guns. Finding a deal on one is tough. They are between 1600 and 2500 on Gunbroker.

They are good looking guns too. Very clean lines. I plan on keeping it kiss. No lights, rails or optics on this one.

As far as old school stamped steel guns, I think only the SIG 551 looks better

·
Registered
986 Posts
I decided I wanted an M96 after shooting Robarms test gun. 3 weeks later, I have one. Thanks Terra for the heads up on KSL

I still need to add ambi bolt release, flash hider and have it inspected by Terra for upgrade needs, but otherwise, I think these are freaking cool guns. Finding a deal on one is tough. They are between 1600 and 2500 on Gunbroker.

They are good looking guns too. Very clean lines. I plan on keeping it kiss. No lights, rails or optics on this one.

As far as old school stamped steel guns, I think only the SIG 551 looks better

Gas from SLC to Provo and back: $5.00

RA M96: $1200

Not hear VB cry for an M96: PRICELESS!!!!!!

VB, It looks sweet!!!! I can't wait to see in action!!!!!

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
beautiful gun. how about a family pic?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Great find. I still wish I had bought one when I had the chance.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Very nice. I had a chance to use an original Stoner. Nice weapons system concept.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I need two more Robinsons before I will be content. One is the XCR-M

The other is damn hard to find...

VEPR KTR-03

·
Registered
467 Posts
Nice Recon model. Looks like new.

There's a full length one at a local gunshop. $1900, which is simply hard to justify, though it looks unfired as well. Tempting, but...$1900...ouch.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice Recon model. Looks like new.

There's a full length one at a local gunshop. 00, which is simply hard to justify, though it looks unfired as well. Tempting, but...00...ouch.
You know, for all the bitching on ARFCOM about how crappy the M96 was, it's managed to become quite a desirable carbine, and hold it's value, or in some cases increase in value even before the Obama rush. On gun broker they usually clock in at $1600+ on average, and $2400 on the high end.

$1900 is way too high for my tastes. I would offer less in cash and see if they take it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
VB, Nice photos. Try a DGS Scout rail and your favorite optic. I suspect you will like it very much ;).
To the other readers, just because the "96" is out of production does not in any way invalidate the platform.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I still want a Top Feed M96. I've wanted one for years but, never had the $$$ to come thru with it.
I had a chance to buy this one... but passed. Still regretting it...

How does one look through the sights when the rifle is loaded with a magazine. I assume it is offset but it is hard to tell from the picture above.

Maybe someone can show some pics from the rear looking down the barrel.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I still want a Top Feed M96. I've wanted one for years but, never had the $$$ to come thru with it.
I had a chance to buy this one... but passed. Still regretting it...

How does one look through the sights when the rifle is loaded with a magazine. I assume it is offset but it is hard to tell from the picture above.

Maybe someone can show some pics from the rear looking down the barrel.
We need a Beta-C mag on that!!! ;)

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
VB your one fortunate individual! Very,very nice! Ever since I first saw an M96 I've wanted one but never pulled the trigger,they seem to be rare in my neck of the wood,or at least I've never seen one around here.I just like the old schooldesign,but yet some very interesting features.The grip and buttstock sort of remind me or the AR-18.the AR-18 is much simpler and cheaper to build of course,but you can see the Stoner in both of them.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
that looks pretty minty, great deal for what you paid.

I've never read much about the m96, what problems did it have besides the cost and manufacturing time that terra always talks about.

also, what is so attractive about a top feed model seems totally pointless to me.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts