XCR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously, more important irons are in the fire in terms of the XCR-M, the new stock/trigger, 6.5G, etc....and just getting rifles built and shipped.

But, is there any chance that a .22LR bbl/bolt conversion is being considered down the line somewhere?

If there is an AWB or an exorbitant ammo tax.....22LR should still be somewhat affordable and since it's only a conversion to an existing gun, I'd guess that you'd be able to still sell it if the ban is similar to the last one (save a FH maybe).

Just thinkin' out loud.

Sean

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
It would be nice of Rob Arms to make a .22lr kit. However, it would also be nice if Ciener would make a conversion if they dont. Black Dog mags would work too. He He >:D

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I'll second a 22lr conversion! ;D

·
Registered
923 Posts
I am really hoping for a 22 conversion soon, if it is made and I have the finaces at the time I will get it as soon it is made

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I would think it would be relatively easy to make a ciener type kit and use the existing barrel. Personally, I would prefer to have a proper .22 barrel on it. I know they have talked about making a kit, it is just a matter of time.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I'm agree with AZ on this one.If I'm going to spend the money,and maybe be the only thing in the wake of a huge ammo tax I can afford to shoot,I want a dedicated 22lr barrel.It would be more accurate and reliable to have a dedicated system.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I'd be in for a .22.

Sniff, sniff, but I still want my 6.5....

tk

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Given that I could wrench off the gas block and scrub out whatever was in there in the way of lead I wouldn't mind just a drop-in 22lr kit. Cheap, simple, less to have to worry about keeping track of and would have "minute of tin can" accuracy at 50-75m which is more than good enough for me and what I'd use it for.

But, a nice dedicated kit would be pretty fancy though!

When I submitted my Form 1 to SBR I listed some alternate calibers just in case; 6x45 which just got an unofficial mention; 22lr and 9mm. C'mon RobArm, don't let me down!

G

·
you will note that terra is silent here. she posted a thread a while back about new development priorities. she alluded to the fact that there was something special coming that she couldnt announce but that we would all love.

I'll bet good money that it's a 22lr conversion.

as to the 6.5 grendel. I personally believe that it's dead. if robinson is developinig a 6x45 or some other 6mm cart then they will bump the 6.5 grendel. the 6.5 suffers from ammo availability, magazine availability, and lack of popularity overall. were it me, I'd dum it completely unless i had some component made up already.

with an upcoming AWB it behooves RA to focus on the XCRM and get it out ASAP. I would think they would focus all of thier resources on that right now, to the expense of all other projects.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've been looking at the 6x45 and I think it is a very interesting cartridge. Plenty of low cost brass around, seemingly good performance. I would like to hear if any one has any hands on experience with the 6x45.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I've been looking at the 6x45 and I think it is a very interesting cartridge. Plenty of low cost brass around, seemingly good performance. I would like to hear if any one has any hands on experience with the 6x45.

intro gunner69!

There's a thread about the 6x45 up somewhere in GD or socializing, can't remember which.

·
Registered
115 Posts

intro gunner69!

There's a thread about the 6x45 up somewhere in GD or socializing, can't remember which.
OK , Thanks I'll search it.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'd be in for a .22. Sniff, sniff, but I still want my 6.5....k
Sheese, all right already. Give the 6.5 a rest. I am sorrry for your pain, get a 6.8 SPC!

I'd rther have the .22.

I mean really, this is an Assault Rifle, not a boutique tack driver. We need commonly used AR calibers and the .22 so we can shoot a lot!

What next, a .375H&H? Nope, I guess that would be the XCR-H+++

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Micky, I have a hell of a lot of experience with the 5x45 (6mm/.223). The first one I owned was an AR I had built around 1970. GREAT caliber, I have shoot 70gr to 85gr bullets with good results. It is very easy to resize 5.56 brass, and I have extensive reloading data. Once you shoot the 6x45....... .223 will be for practice. As noted gun author/firearms expert Chuck Taylor once said "almost a .308." Shooting iron plates with a 5.56 and a 6x45, side by side, you will definetly be impressed with the performance difference. :2cents: 8) ;D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks gunner. I searched 6x45 and came across a series of your posts with a lot of very helpful information. It has been awhile since I reloaded but this ( and 6.8 Ammo cost) may force me to break out the Dillion. I suppose I can get a 55.6 xcr barrel reamed to 6.x45. I heard on this board that 6x45 may be the mystery caliber.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The nice part, if this is the mystery caliber, only a barrel is needed! ;D ;D ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts