XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Coconut Creek FL. Looking into buying a XCR but would like to shoot one first.
Does anyone on here shoot at Markahm Park?

If you bring the XCR, I'll bring my Krebs KTR-03.

I have heard that they are quite strict there and would like to go with someone to get the lay of the land so to speak, so I don't get kicked out or make any waves.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Sorry, I'm in the Melbourne area. Sunrise is two hours from me.

tk

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
I shoot at Markham, was there on Friday as a matter of fact. Don't think I will get to go back for at least a month due to work and other things.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I shot at Markham on Saturday...had no idea there were multiple XCRs in the local area! I'm getting ready to take off OCONUS for a few weeks for a training exercise though. If you wanted to order-I'm sure it will at least be a month or more before it ships. I'll be back by the 21st, we could hit it up then? If you don't like it (which I'd be extremely surprised), Allie is good about simply pulling your order and if you do, you're already in line.

The RSO's at Markham are pretty down to earth too. I guess by civilian standards it may be strict but it's not micromanaged-a shot every 4 seconds or so max, keep your weapon pointed in the right direction and common sense is all you need.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thx guys. I didn't realize there were so many in S FL. Anyone else on here from the "Dirty South".. ;D

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
going sometime this week if anyone want to meet up..
I wanna shoot an XCR......plz? ;)

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
well, you're so far south that you're coming out the other side <g>

tk

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'd love to go but we're short a tenant in our house at my main base so money is tight :mad: I've got a buddy with some extra rounds he's been talking about unloading, let me chat with him and I'll try to get back by Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I live in Miami but shoot at Markham Park every now and then. I'd meet you there but I'm out of town on vacation. I'll be back Sunday night and I might go shooting the following Sunday. While I'm out of town I'm going to adjust the grip screw for a DIY trigger job, so you might get the benefit of shooting a XCR with a better-than-factory trigger (and that's a good thing). And hopefully by then I'll also have my Aimpoint and a few other goodies on the rifle.

Send me a PM next time you're going and I'll see if I can meet you there.

Phil

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Planning on going to Markham on Thursday 5/14. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Planning on going to Markham on Thursday 5/14. Just an FYI.
I shot there on Saturday and zeroed my Aimpoint. Unfortunately, I'm working this Thursday. :(

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
That's a couple of hours from me, but I have a friend who's getting heart surgery in Thursday. and I'll be waiting with him.

tk

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
np, maybe next time. Be safe.

·
Registered
503 Posts
There will probably be a decent shoot at Trail Glades on Friday at about 2:30 as well. Looks like a better part of our Rod & Gun Club will be going out with a good variety of weapons. It's an open range...so if we happen to bump into you there, it would be good to see some other XCR's out!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm in South Florida and would like to to a shoot sometime!

Going to be a little hectic for the next few weeks but would like to maybe put something together!

·
Registered
5,842 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm all about getting some shooting in down here, I'll try and drop a note when I'm thinking about it as well. Extra ammo is a pain in the A to get right now though with money being tight.

If you're looking for some though, I just picked up 100 rounds of .223 at Pantera Guns a few hours ago. Looked like they had a good bit more, current rate is about $10 a box. .40 Cal is $25 a box :duh:. They've got a decent variety on the shelves right now as well, more than I've seen in a while. Their number is (305)629 9980. If you're going to pick some up, might be a good idea to call first and make sure they've still got it!

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the ammo. Have some .223 for now but will need some practise rounds for the .40 soon. Darn these ammo prices, hope the prices ease up soon. :crossedfingers:

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Great day today with the XCR. Took the P229 and shot for the first in a looooooooooong time. Just makes me want another 1911 type pistol even more, the trigger system DA/SA does nothing for me. ::)
Anyway the XCR functioned semi-flawlessly today, only had 2 stove pipes as I was testing to see which gas setting worked best with the Wolf ammo and SBR on this rifle. 4 works best and yes they do ask to see the paperwork for the SBR at Markham.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts