XCR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the main benefit of the 7.62 is cheap ammo, but it would be nice to have a good handload for coyote, small deer, etc. that would be a little more accurate and maybe use a better bullet. I would think that with the quality of the xcr, it should have pretty good potential, and there doesn't seem to be any inherent design shortcoming, just a lack of good factory ammo. Does anyone have a good load? I have a couple of manuals showing loads for some better bullets, but I was hoping somebody might have a good pet load.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
For hunting in 7.62x39 I like the Hornady 123gr Soft Point, pushed by 19.5gr of IMR4227. Velocity is about 2,149 from an AK. :duh: >:D :ninja: :2cents:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Anybody out there tried my load recipe for 7.62x39? ???

Does anyone have a pet load yet? ???

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sorry no pet loads yet,but I am working on it.I have been reloading for a long time but I am just setting up for 7.62 x 39.If any one has any ideas to steer me in the right direction,it sure would be nice.What bullet should I start with,and any ideas about powder. I have BLC-2,Benchmark and H335,also what size and brand of primers do you recommend.I think it would be good to have a permanent section for reloading.If any one needs help with reloading 223,I will help with as much as I can.Thank's Mike :laughposter: :laughposter:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts