1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Both the 6.5 & 6.8 need STEEL Mags............... like those wonderful H&Ks you sent me ;D ;D ;D I'll let you know how they work. :thanks: :clap: :bolt:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He said I couldn't use my HK bodies either...I guess I will give my Mag that came with the conversion a better look.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Both the 6.5 & 6.8 use a steel mag WITH DIFFERENT FOLLOWERS. If I come across any 6.8 Followers I WILL TRY using them in my HK .5.56 mags. They either work, or don't work. ???

·
Registered
532 Posts
You can't simply put a 6.8 follower in a 5.56 mag body. The groves in the sides of the 6.8 mag are shallower, and in slightly different positions. When the 6.8 first came out, there was a lot of misinformation, including the mag myth. PRI makes the best. I haven't tried C-products' new mags, but the old ones didn't always run (brownish-red follower). I also haven't run Barrett's mags, but have been told they are as good as PRI's mags are.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I've read that the 6.5 mags and 6.8 mags are the same, just different colored followers. Can anyone speak to this? I may try to get a 6.8 kit and already have several 6.5 mags.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts