XCR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever used an "ammo wizard" for retrieving brass?

I ran into a guy at the range a while back and he was using one of these to retrieve his spent brass. He said his worked great and the bucket attachement made dumping the brass easy as well. I thought i'd see if anyone else had any experience with them.

http://www.thenutwizard.com/ammovideo.html

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Re: Anyone ever used an "ammo wizard" for retrieving brass?

I live in Alabama, and use a "pecan" picker which does the same thing for a lot less. :duh:

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

I just use my 5 and 4 year old. They do a good job but cost a bit

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

I just married one off, and I've only got one left to go. I AM NOT having another kid.....

·
Registered
439 Posts

Do any of these (except the **** sapien models) work on gravel, or do they only work on hard smooth surfaces?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I just use my 5 and 4 year old. They do a good job but cost a bit
Yeah, I'm growing one of those as we speak, but it will be a few more years before he's ready to be deployed. He'll also recieve top notch "beer monkey" training.

In the meantime, I'm thinking one of these rolling cages will be far less expensive and require a good deal less training.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

tk, Almost the the same design. More roller boxie type. Works great.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

I'll have to find one.

THANKS!

tk

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

I ran into a guy at the range a while back and he was using one of these to retrieve his spent brass. He said his worked great and the bucket attachement made dumping the brass easy as well. I thought i'd see if anyone else had any experience with them.

http://www.thenutwizard.com/ammovideo.html
$45.00 :eek: Really? You can't just use something like this: http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=855937. It is way cheaper and much easier to transport.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

but it doesn't do anything for the thousands of casings OTHER people leave laying around <g>

tk

·
Registered
5,071 Posts

We had a purpose designed model at our 25m semi-enclosed range on post when I was active duty. Big basket in front and a large synthetic drum with a million little fingers for the brass to get caught up in. Little fingers would ride in the grooves and pop the brass into the basket. I don't work over there anymore but I'll see if they still have it. On smooth surfaces it worked great, grass too, but gravel not so much.

Check out Southern Belle Brass, that's the device we have at the range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts