XCR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
There were a few pics posted before, I don't remember where they are but search around and you will find them. I think it was down in the optics forum

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Nice set up Shogun. Love the HK sights and love the Micro too. I have the Micro and right now it is my favorite site. I plan to pick up another one.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
For those who have used both or have opinions, what is the advantage of the micro over the regular Aimpoint?

I don't think there is much price difference IIRC.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I only see advantages and no disadvantages. Lighter, smaller, and less scope to block your FOV. Ruggedness still has not been proven over a regular Aimpoint, but I have no doubt they will last, and I know they or much more rugged than Doc Optic types.

I am running my micro on my Noveske at 1'oclock on the forward rail in addition to an ACOG. Micro is so light, that after adding it I did not even notice a difference in weight of the weapon. Cheek weld is the same for both the Micro and ACOG, only difference I have to rotate the gun a little to use the Micro.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Man, this is a nicely put together piece! The light you have under the muzzle looks like a Glock light. What is it, if you don't mind me asking....
Sinker

I only see advantages and no disadvantages. Lighter, smaller, and less scope to block your FOV. Ruggedness still has not been proven over a regular Aimpoint, but I have no doubt they will last, and I know they or much more rugged than Doc Optic types.

I am running my micro on my Noveske at 1'oclock on the forward rail in addition to an ACOG. Micro is so light, that after adding it I did not even notice a difference in weight of the weapon. Cheek weld is the same for both the Micro and ACOG, only difference I have to rotate the gun a little to use the Micro.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just put one on tonight. Nice! I am using a LaRue LT660HK, very high quality design and the perfect height.......except LaRue doesn't make a flip mount for the Aimpoint 3x magnifier to line up with the LT660 Micro mount. Anyone have any solutions?

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Man, this is a nicely put together piece! The light you have under the muzzle looks like a Glock light. What is it, if you don't mind me asking....
Sinker
TLR2. Light/Laser

·
Registered
571 Posts
I just put one on tonight. Nice! I am using a LaRue LT660HK, very high quality design and the perfect height.......except LaRue doesn't make a flip mount for the Aimpoint 3x magnifier to line up with the LT660 Micro mount. Anyone have any solutions?
I was wondering this, too. I'm planning to put the T-1 Micro on my XCR and I'd like to do a flip or QD mount for the 3X Magnifier, but I haven't been able to figure out which mounts to use to make them line up.

Also, with the slightly higher sight plane on the XCR, would low profile mounts be best?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Cartman: I have pretty much the same set up on my 6.8 SPC but my T-1 is mounted in the 11:00 position because I am left handed.

Dog :rockon:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Maddog,
I am a lefty as well.
What mount is that that allows you to mount the T1 at that (11:00) angle.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Very nice maddog! Looks like a very well put together race gun. Anything special on the upper? barrel? FF tube looks to be JP Enterprise?

·
Registered
702 Posts
LilTate: The angle mount is a Daniel Defense 11:00/1:00 mount. You can get them directly from DD on their web site.

Cartmann: Nothing special on the upper. The barrel is a 1:11 twist Cardinal Armory Light Profile with SPEC II chamber and the handguard is a DL Sports. It seems to have much less felt recoil than any of my 5.56 AR's because I am running a really heavy stainless 8.5 oz. buffer by Spikes Tactical with a Wolf extra power spring. The combo really tames the 6.8 round and makes it just as fast to get back on target as any other race gun I have tried.

Dog :jumpingonfire:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thx MDD
Sweet rifle up btw

1 - 19 of 19 Posts