Registered
22,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
209 Posts
Any malfunctions at all?

Are you running the PSA magazines?
Zero! I’d estimate 1000 to 1200 rounds out of it And, yes, using the PSA mags. It has eaten everything I’ve given it and suppresses pretty well too. Even put the mag extender on one mag, which takes it up to 50 rounds. It’s a bit long (and heavy) and not really practical, but fun for range blasting! That’s fairly expensive now a days anyway.

Also have the AR-V, which uses the same mags, but only have a few hundred rounds through it. No issues there either.

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Zero! I’d estimate 1000 to 1200 rounds out of it And, yes, using the PSA mags. It has eaten everything I’ve given it and suppresses pretty well too. Even put the mag extender on one mag, which takes it up to 50 rounds. It’s a bit long (and heavy) and not really practical, but fun for range blasting! That’s fairly expensive now a days anyway.

Also have the AR-V, which uses the same mags, but only have a few hundred rounds through it. No issues there either.
Does your AK-V have the ALG trigger and if so....does it bumpfire as easy as most say?

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, just the stock one. Haven’t thought about changing it out as it has been pretty decent so far.
Just personal opinion here, but once you go to an ALG, you won't run anything else. They are amazing....and even better if you mod them (welding required).

Reactions: willpgn

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I‘ve heard the same from others! Trying to resist...🥺
For about a year or so, you couldn't get them. Used to be $50....lately $65....but since stock started running low, I've seen the basic model go for as much as $119. Still worth it though IMO.....And cheaper than most AR triggers.

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uh...I'm late to the party here....but did anyone else know Magpul is making EVO 3 Pmags? 35 rounders. They look different than the 35 round PSA ones....and are retailing at about $5 more than PSAs...but it's another alternative.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Uh...I'm late to the party here....but did anyone else know Magpul is making EVO 3 Pmags? 35 rounders. They look different than the 35 round PSA ones....and are retailing at about $5 more than PSAs...but it's another alternative.

Yep and there are some slight differences. The PSA mags have been 100% for me, so I’m not looking for alternatives.

This is a pic that was sent by A3 Tactical showing why their new Stribog polymer lower (that uses Scorpion mags) doesn‘t work well with PSA mags...as their prototype lower is currently designed. The front rib on the PSA is slightly shorter and it tends to move around a bit in the lower’s mag well. They are debating changing the prototype or going to market with it as-is and stating the possible issue with the PSA mags.

Neither “here nor there“ related to the OP for the PSA mags in the Scorpion, AK-V, AR=V, or other guns that use Scorpion mags, but the pic does show the differences between them.

Office supplies Rectangle Material property Wood Gas

·
Registered
795 Posts

Midwayusa has the Magpul 35 round mags for $18.95.
Last year when you couldn't find them Midway had them most of the time but would only let you order 5 at a time.
I ended up with 20 of them. They work perfect no issues at all.
Midway has always been good for quality mags, their Mecgar CZ Mags are the cheapest I've found for my pistols.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts