XCR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering. Seen a few 'recent' buys here that look like they are still using the original, longer/wider Tailhook.

Synthetic rubber Rim Font Auto part Metal

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don’t know, would need the dimensions to measure.
The original mod 1 (not the compact, but the one on the right in the above picture)....is 5.5" tall from the top of the brace to the bottom of the hinge.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Thanks. They must be locked into a contract (I'd assume)....or have a lot of old new stock.
When I got my pistol last year I wanted one of these, I sent RA an email in June and was told 6 weeks, 8 weeks later sent them another one. I was told still waiting for parts and I would be notified when they had them, still have never received anything.
Kermit hooked me up with a SAB3 which I really like (I really like M4 style stocks kinda old school that way) hate RA customer service absolutely love their firearms.
Long story short I don't know, not sure they do either.

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just measured it. It’s a 5.5” tailhook; pistol was new midsummer. (I like it.)
Thanks....I swapped all mine out for the smaller compact model (not cheap at around $110 each IIRC). Much better fit to the gun though.

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
22,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I got my pistol last year I wanted one of these, I sent RA an email in June and was told 6 weeks, 8 weeks later sent them another one. I was told still waiting for parts and I would be notified when they had them, still have never received anything.
Kermit hooked me up with a SAB3 which I really like (I really like M4 style stocks kinda old school that way) hate RA customer service absolutely love their firearms.
Long story short I don't know, not sure they do either.
Yeah, I like the SBA3 on AR pistols....and have one on a KS-12 Komrad. Works well in those applications....though I guess we're about to find out what is and isn't legal in the world of braces. I do prefer the Tailhook for the XCR though. I find very little difference even on my .308 between it and the factory stock for the rifles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts