XCR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a QD sling mount that will fit that 1/2 M-lok slot that is closest to the receiver. I'm not sure what that slot is for, because I've found nothing that will actually fit it.

This might be the closest thing I've found that will fit, but they're always sold out and the site looks sketchy.

For those that don't know which M-lok slot I'm talking about, diagram below:

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Rectangle

·
Registered
23,135 Posts
In theory, couldn't you just use a single m-lock bolt/nut on a 2 bolt accessory?
You might have to grind off the little tits they often use that go into the slot for one of the bolts/nuts, but in this case, I don't see why one wouldn't just 'bridge' the gap between the 1/2 hole and full one with a normal MLOK sling swivel mount.

Reactions: themousethatroared

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have been collecting up pieces to do rail covers and a sling mount.
I was unaware that the rail mount items are designed to match the length of the slot. I thought they were more intended to mount along the slot, with the bolt and nuts preventing them from sliding.
I got out the two bolt Magpul sling mount I purchased, and it has four tabs sticking out the back. It fits the full length slot like a glove.
I moved over to the half length slot, and it fits straddling the solid cross member between the slots. The two tabs in the middle match the cross member like a glove. The perfect fit would imply it is made to fit that way.
Before installing and using it like that, I would check to make sure the QD does not extend far enough through the retaining hole to rub the cross member on the rail, because if it did, it would rub a circle through the finish of the rifle.

Looking at the spacing and the pictures of the single bolt QD mounts, it appears they were designed specifically for the half sized slots to do exactly what you are wanting to do.

I was planning on mounting the QD on the muzzle end. It appears the advantage is to wrap around the hand to improve grip. Since you are mounting this on the receiver end of the rail, I would like to ask what the advantage is for attaching the sling to this position?

·
Registered
23,135 Posts
I moved over to the half length slot, and it fits straddling the solid cross member between the slots. The two tabs in the middle match the cross member like a glove. The perfect fit would imply it is made to fit that way.
^This is what I was saying....you just said it much more clearly. Thanks!

I was planning on mounting the QD on the muzzle end. It appears the advantage is to wrap around the hand to improve grip. Since you are mounting this on the receiver end of the rail, I would like to ask what the advantage is for attaching the sling to this position?
Personal preference more than anything. A lot of people use this for 'tactical' CQB type set ups as you're not likely to be using a hasty sling set up for longer shots where you'd wrap it around the forearm/elbow.

Reactions: themousethatroared

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. So here's my update.

This is my current setup:
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Gas

The Samson QD point wont work. At least not to the point I want. As you can see here:
Wood Composite material Flooring Rectangle Pattern

The QD mount has that little nub thingy on the other side.

So when it's in that 1/2 sized Mlok slot it hangs off:
Trigger Air gun Gas Gun accessory Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gas Gun accessory

and that's true for both sides. The problem with this is that the mount will wiggly around and eventually damage the rail and/or mount.

@roflcopters while technically correct, I was just looking for something to fit into that 1/2 sized slot. A QD slot is something I'd like to have and should be small enough to fit that slot.

Anyone have any other ideas?

If all else fails, I'll grape a picatinny QD sling mount.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was hoping the single bolt QD tucked into the half slot.

Looking at it, my first thought is to trim down the rail cover to make space for the QD mount. Maybe grind/sand off the tip past the mounting hole. Or shorten the rail cover and drill and counter bore a new bolt hole a half or whole slot shorter.

Better solution:
Replace the existing four slot rail scale with a three slot rail scale:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, hate to necro this old thread but I found a suitable alternative to using a QD slot. So if anyone else has the same issue as I had, here's a fix: Use the BlueForceGear UWL.

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun Gun accessory
+

It wraps around the whole front of the Mlok rail section and so far haven't had any issues with it. The only negative is that it is NOT quick detach. But I ordered mine with a BFG sling which are super high quality, so I doubt I'll ever really need to remove the sling. But so far this does work for me.

If you have any long term experience with these lemme know. Or if this is a terrible idea because I didn't think of something, let me also know that lol.

·
Super Moderator
298 Posts
Ok, hate to necro this old thread but I found a suitable alternative to using a QD slot. So if anyone else has the same issue as I had, here's a fix: Use the BlueForceGear UWL.

View attachment 15792 +

It wraps around the whole front of the Mlok rail section and so far haven't had any issues with it. The only negative is that it is NOT quick detach. But I ordered mine with a BFG sling which are super high quality, so I doubt I'll ever really need to remove the sling. But so far this does work for me.

If you have any long term experience with these lemme know. Or if this is a terrible idea because I didn't think of something, let me also know that lol.
I use this thing on a vz58 and it works pretty good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts