XCR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some people dislike the idea of returning to the WWII era,so I was wondering if anyone has played it and what their opinions were.The gameplay and graphics are both really good.
I personally don't mind going back,I love the WWII weapons,especially if they are done correctly.In other words it doesn't take half a magazine from a B.A.R to put em' down.The Garand and G43 don't get enough credit either,they both should be a one shot deal.The ppsh on this version is a freakin' bullet hose,with a cyclic rate,magazine capacity and controllability that makes it the ultimate "room broom".The flamethrower is a interesting toy,but doesn't have enough range.
The stg44 is always usually a good choice.The MP 40 and Thompson are both about the same as most other WWII shooters,stopping power are about equal which is BS,and they both chew through ammo/magazines too fast to be very usefull.I like the Thompson,but resupply becomes an issue if you keep it instead of picking up something else.The M1 carbine is surprisingly descent,although stopping power is just fair.They do however incorrectly refer to it as the M1A1,which was the folding paratrooper stocked version.Anyway that's my take.
What I would really like to see is a Vietnam based COD or Medal of Honor game.I think it would be really fun to experience that era and setting.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am still enjoying COD4 on the PC. Been playing the Bio Hazard Custom Map servers. If you are on a PC, I think you will dig all the quality maps.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have been playing it and I do enjoy it but I have found that the inaccuracy's in the weapons kind of make it annoying. The weapons I use the most so far is the G43 and the Thompson but I still have a few left to unlock. I agree with wanting them to go to Vietnam there is not any good games out there in that area for the Playstations.

Anyone who is playing on the PS3 let me know I am M4-XCR

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The garand and G43 don't have the stopping power that a 30-06 or an 8mm Mauser should have.That's my main grip.The bolt action rifles are sledgehammers,the Arisaka,and the k98.The ppsh is really accurate for a sub-gun with a cyclic rate that high.I don't play online because my connection sucks,if I could I would look you up.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Still playing COD4. We get together over here once a week and LAN together for a few hours. One of the guys is designing a custom map of our hangar with the Aircraft in there. He is having some issues compiling it and being able to serve it, it is hard to figure out without the internet to help with How-To instructions.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I honestly feel like they rushed this one. I heart WWII games because I am utterly fascinated with everything to do with it. But the gameplay just isn't as nice, and the story seems not as good. The weapons I think should be a whole lot better and the accuracy as someone else mentioned is off. The garand just doesn't work very well in this game.

I particularly dislike the cinema scenes to where things are happening and you put a clip into something but it doesn't kill them because that cut scene isn't over yet....

I like COD4 much better.

·
Registered
142 Posts
COD4's single player was much better but, COD5's multiplayer I think is much more fun. Also the Nazi Zombie mode is kickass as well.

VermilionSTi - Xbox 360 Gamertag.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I haven't tried it online yet, I'll do that once I finish up the single player game.

On an interesting note I did actually go to Shuri castle this year and look around there so that was pretty neat to see it on a video game.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think the zombie mode is an interesting side game,but it needs an offline co-op option.

I feel most weapons are pretty good,as noted before I don't think it's the accuracy of the Garand as much as is it's stopping power.As I mentioned before the G43 suffers this same problem and they both should have the same as the Arisaka or the K98,neither of which suffers from putting down enemies.
The most notable I think is that the BAR is better in this game than maybe any other that I have played.Usually it's not much if any better than the submachineguns,not so this time around.I know this is a video game but when you have to shoot someone as many times with a Garand as with an M1 carbine is borders on ridiculous.
I know these video game geeks that make the games aren't weapons experts,but they have military advisor's that are and should pass along the difference in power between a 30-06 and an .30 carbine cartridge.
I don't think the storyline on most first person shooters is involved enough.The one exception that I have seen is Brothers in Arms:Hells Highway,the cut scenes were long and made you feel part of the story.I thought graphically COD5 was very nice except for the faces,it seemed everything looked pretty realistic except for the faces.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think the zombie mode is an interesting side game,but it needs an offline co-op option.

I feel most weapons are pretty good,as noted before I don't think it's the accuracy of the Garand as much as is it's stopping power.As I mentioned before the G43 suffers this same problem and they both should have the same as the Arisaka or the K98,neither of which suffers from putting down enemies.
The most notable I think is that the BAR is better in this game than maybe any other that I have played.Usually it's not much if any better than the submachineguns,not so this time around.I know this is a video game but when you have to shoot someone as many times with a Garand as with an M1 carbine is borders on ridiculous.
I know these video game geeks that make the games aren't weapons experts,but they have military advisor's that are and should pass along the difference in power between a 30-06 and an .30 carbine cartridge.
I don't think the storyline on most first person shooters is involved enough.The one exception that I have seen is Brothers in Arms:Hells Highway,the cut scenes were long and made you feel part of the story.I thought graphically COD5 was very nice except for the faces,it seemed everything looked pretty realistic except for the faces.
On Xbox 360 you can play Zombie Mode by yourself, split screen with a friend, or with up to 3 other people on Xbox Live.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I got it first day... love it. I think it's better than modern combat. There's definitely more cover in this one.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm still getting lots of FPS goodness out of CoD4 (I didn't even get around to it until quakecon this year), so i haven't bought World at War yet, but my next door neighbor has it and loves it, so i'll probably be getting it soon. I've heard the Zombie map is alot of fun though it feels pretty out of place in the game.

As for Vietnam era, EA made a shooter with single player and online multiplayer several years ago called battlefield vietnam as part of the popular Battlefield series. Sadly, i didn't think it was nearly as good as the original Battlefield 1942, the Desert Combat mod, or Battlefield 2.

Edit: SuperRage, I just sent you a PM

·
Registered
121 Posts
Still playing COD4. We get together over here once a week and LAN together for a few hours. One of the guys is designing a custom map of our hangar with the Aircraft in there. He is having some issues compiling it and being able to serve it, it is hard to figure out without the internet to help with How-To instructions.
Are you on PS3?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just hit 53 and got the PPSh-41. Mean ass little gun. I believe I'll stop at 65 and not go through the Prestige stuff and enjoy the flamethrower :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts