XCR Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
What Honady did went well beyond the vax mandate issue…yes, that was the start of the issue, but it is what they did after that lost them my business. All companies have reacted to it in different ways. Honady lied, after being called out on their position by saying employees and those who saw their mandate just couldn’t read and understand plain English. They then retaliated and went after those employees who they deemed “leakers” of their stasted policy/beliefs.

Fine for them to choose how to react to the situation/mandate and how to run their business. Double down, lie and retaliate against employees…that’s beyond my line for how a decent company operates. They don’t need anymore of my dollars and they reap what they sow.

Just my 2 cents! Y’all do you…it’s what makes America great

·
Registered
22,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
What Honady did went well beyond the vax mandate issue…yes, that was the start of the issue, but it is what they did after that lost them my business. All companies have reacted to it in different ways. Honady lied, after being called out on their position by saying employees and those who saw their mandate just couldn’t read and understand plain English. They then retaliated and went after those employees who they deemed “leakers” of their stasted policy/beliefs.

Fine for them to choose how to react to the situation/mandate and how to run their business. Double down, lie and retaliate against employees…that’s beyond my line for how a decent company operates. They don’t need anymore of my dollars and they reap what they sow.

Just my 2 cents! Y’all do you…it’s what makes America great
Exactly. Lying about it was bad enough. Allegedly offering rewards for the people who leaked the original letter that proved Hornady was lying was reprehensible.

But again, like you said....everyone is free to do as they please.

Reactions: Flskunkape

·
Registered
106 Posts
After boycotting Hornaday for 15 plus years, because of how they handled (or lack there of) some leverevalution ammo that was indenting the primers of the rounds in front of them (marlin 336, in 30-30) is nice to see others finally getting on the F*** Hornaday Train. Also it's nice to know I wasn't just being spiteful, and they really do suck as a company.

But to answer your question I only have personal experience with pointed soft points, hollow points, and fmjs in my XCR, and I've only ever had one d it was with the soft point, the round got hung up on the feed ramps and got crushed between the bolt and barrel face, like pushed the bullet deeper into the case. However all that being said I still keep soft points loaded in the gun for their terminal effects. But I'm also a bit biased as I'm a dinosaur, and am reluctant to try new things.

·
Registered
22,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
After boycotting Hornaday for 15 plus years, because of how they handled (or lack there of) some leverevalution ammo that was indenting the primers of the rounds in front of them (marlin 336, in 30-30) is nice to see others finally getting on the F*** Hornaday Train. Also it's nice to know I wasn't just being spiteful, and they really do suck as a company.

But to answer your question I only have personal experience with pointed soft points, hollow points, and fmjs in my XCR, and I've only ever had one d it was with the soft point, the round got hung up on the feed ramps and got crushed between the bolt and barrel face, like pushed the bullet deeper into the case. However all that being said I still keep soft points loaded in the gun for their terminal effects. But I'm also a bit biased as I'm a dinosaur, and am reluctant to try new things.
Thanks for the input. I've had similar problems with soft points in my .308 XCR as I mentioned....so it's good to have a reference point on the L.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What would cause the issue with soft points that otherwise work in, say, AR15s? Is it something particular about the XCR feed ramps?

·
Registered
22,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
What would cause the issue with soft points that otherwise work in, say, AR15s? Is it something particular about the XCR feed ramps?
Can't say....the XCR has the mag sitting more inline with the chamber from what I understand....which should theoretically aid in feeding. However, my personal experience has been the opposite with SP ammo.

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
175 Posts
Usually my FTFs are from the round diving in the magazine and hitting the front of the mag. Usually an issue with Unimags and 6.5g or 5.56. XCR does have a less aggressive feeding angle, but when the follower or ammo tilts in the magazine body there's not a lot to do about it

·
Registered
22,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Usually my FTFs are from the round diving in the magazine and hitting the front of the mag. Usually an issue with Unimags and 6.5g or 5.56. XCR does have a less aggressive feeding angle, but when the follower or ammo tilts in the magazine body there's not a lot to do about it
My FTFs with SP ammo have been the ammo tip running into the bbl extension IIRC.

·
Registered
106 Posts
In my 308 M I've shot federal powershok mostly out of it, with 100% reliability. As a side note when I got the gun I bought a dozen or so different hunting 308s try. The only one with a poly tip was a box of the Winchester deer seasons with a large black polymer tip, I had horrible accuracy with the round, like 8-10 inch groups, most other cheap soft points power show, core lokt, power point etc all shot about 2-4" groups.

·
Registered
22,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
In my 308 M I've shot federal powershok mostly out of it, with 100% reliability. As a side note when I got the gun I bought a dozen or so different hunting 308s try. The only one with a poly tip was a box of the Winchester deer seasons with a large black polymer tip, I had horrible accuracy with the round, like 8-10 inch groups, most other cheap soft points power show, core lokt, power point etc all shot about 2-4" groups.
My newer gen XCR-M (dont' know the SN off the top of my head on either) handles SP markedly better than my 1st gen -M. I heard RA did something to the feed ramps to help them feed in later generations....but I dont' know at what SN point that happened and if there are multiple iterations beyond 2 for the M feedramps. It's possible you have a newer version than either of mine. I don't know.

Reactions: Flskunkape
21 - 30 of 30 Posts