Registered
449 Posts
Solution in search of a problem?

It gives

Worse ballistics than a 7.61x51
Less energy than a 7.62x51
Worse Ballistic Coefficient than a 7.62x51
Maximum of 4 rounds in a magazine

The only "positive" I see is that the the upper will fit on an AR-15 lower (assuming of course it will fit on a non Remington lower......) and may appeal to the hunter set to wean them of their EBR distaste.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lmao ...You just about summed up what I'd already been thinking. ;D

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Remington makes AR15's for FUDDs and FUDDs love tree hides, ugly ass camo and bambi killing calibers of the week

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Err, what's a FUDD?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Err, what's a FUDD?
hmm, not sure if they modified Bugs Bunny for international markets, but here in the USA a FUDD is

Notice he has a firearm, but looks clueless

On gun forums it typically refers to an avid hunter, who would throw us tactical rifle owners under the bus and help anti-gunners ban semi-autos because they "dont believe high powered rifles and weapons of war have a place in civilian hands"

Google Zumbo for a great example

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Oh, you mean the idiots that sit in hides above feeders, with battery powered socks and TVs and call it hunting?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Oh, you mean the idiots that sit in hides above feeders, with battery powered socks and TVs and call it hunting?
Sounds about right. But the main thing that makes a Fudd is their position on "tactical weapons", and their belief that the libtards dont want their guns (bolt guns, shotguns, revolvers), which you know from how things were done in the UK, is complete BS.

Though the funny thing about the UK is people stab the shit out of each other all the time. I lived in Glasgow, Edinburgh and the Kings Cross section of London back in the 90's and stabbings were common. It isnt like gun crime is unheard of either.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Kings Cross is nasty! I used to work in the Prudential building up the road next to Euston station. Gun crime in the UK is way up as is knife crime in Scotland. The Police actually did a Knife amnesty.

Black market guns in the UK tend to be rented for crimes rather than owned and the prices can be a little high,but they are becomming more accesible and have been since the handgun ban. Lots of immigrant crime there, mainly eastern Europeans and Yardies.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Kings Cross is nasty! I used to work in the Prudential building up the road next to Euston station. Gun crime in the UK is way up as is knife crime in Scotland. The Police actually did a Knife amnesty.

Black market guns in the UK tend to be rented for crimes rather than owned and the prices can be a little high,but they are becomming more accesible and have been since the handgun ban. Lots of immigrant crime there, mainly eastern Europeans and Yardies.
Kings Cross is a total shithole. But Glasgow is much worse. That place was scary at night. I could at least hit up the chip shop in Kings Cross after the pubs closed. In Glasgow I didnt want to go out after the sun went down. The football "casuals" were totally out of hand. I saw so many people get their ass beat during the World Cup especially.

London is a great city with lots of history, but I would never want to live there. Not sure if much has changed in the last 10 years either. Gun crime has gone up every year too, which once again proves bans dont work.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
We lived in Docklands which wasn't too bad. Now the Jubilee line can take you right to the West End. Ten years under a left wing government did it's damage though.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
We lived in Docklands which wasn't too bad. Now the Jubilee line can take you right to the West End. Ten years under a left wing government did it's damage though.
You should see what the left wing government has done to Detroit. It might have UK's worst beat and then some. You can actually buy homes for $1 because no one wants to live there.

Anywhere liberals govern is a shithole.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Ah, I miss getting a kebab after an evening at the local. We lived out in farmville by the air bases, just a lot, and I mean a lot, of petty crime. Smashed car windows and stuff. Personal crime not so much though every so many months another club would get put on the restricted list.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
You guys have these things called Gyros, but they just aren't the same. Nothng like a kebab after a night in the boozer.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
You guys have these things called Gyros, but they just aren't the same. Nothng like a kebab after a night in the boozer.
Mmm Gyro. Good idea.

Define Kebab? Is that just meat on a stick with flatbread/naan/pita. That's pretty much what it is in the USA, but Brits have different terms for stuff. You should have seen the first time I said fanny pack to my girlfriend's grandmother. Talk about awkward.

I did a lot of the Chippy with HP sauce for drunktard foods, with the occasional curry for good measure. We have an English shop here in Salt Lake. I need to stop in for a case of Iron-bru and Lion bars. British junk food is way better than the American stuff.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Kinda like a gyro, but different....! Our favorite shop would put shredded cabbage, onions and all sorts of extra stuff on there and instead of the tzatziki style sauce you could get a spicy chili sauce. Still in a flat bread though. My favorite was a spicy chicken kebab after getting sh!tfaced. Except in the morning and you wake up and smell that thing in the garbage. Nasty! The mideast schwarma is a pretty good eating as well. We used to destroy those things by the dozen in Kuwait downtown and when they'd allow the bizarres on post.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Ahh, gyros. When I was going to school at OSU, there was a shop on High across from 11th Ave. that had simply superb gyros for a buck.

Would spend all night at Mustards (buckets of Little Kings), close the place down, then wander over and grab a couple of gyros before heading home (or what passed for it at the time). Good times.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Brown sauce, lion bars and a good curry! That's how you follow twelve pints of best.

A kebab is basically the same as a gyro except there is more meat and not on a stick, (it's sliced off a uge compressed lab lump that is grilled), less green shit and it MUST be made in the back of a dirty truck. Smothered in garlic and chili sauce, covered in onions and over flowing with congealed fat. After all, that's where the falvour comes from.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts