XCR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was very impressed with the fact that they didn't just monkey with a new trigger shoe but actually worked in a new sear. Ordered one yesterday after seeing it for the first time. Curious as to what it will be like...hoping the reset isn't stupid long.

Just wondering if anyone else has one and how they like it.....

We hear it all the time, "It's like a 1911 trigger"....well, Taran Tactical was saying it was better than one (they worked theirs a bit though...down to ~2#).

Sort of hoping I don't love it. Not only do I have a metric shit ton of money tied up in Overwatch precision shoes/bars but also in the more expensive fitted Ghost disconnectors.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I’ve heard not great things from some of my buddies. Not necessarily bad either but not great. All were surprised too since their AR triggers are good.

If you don’t like it, or end up wanting to off load another trigger let me know. I’ve been looking to try a few different ones in my gen 3 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve heard not great things from some of my buddies. Not necessarily bad either but not great. All were surprised too since their AR triggers are good.

If you don’t like it, or end up wanting to off load another trigger let me know. I’ve been looking to try a few different ones in my gen 3 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would but I bought one for a Gen 5 19 I havent' gotten around to spending the time to fit the Ghost connector....and was hoping this would be a drop in. Timney has different versions for the Gen 5 vs. 3-4 so it wouldn't fit yours. But thanks for the feedback and offer.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
It’s pretty good and with some loving it is really good but……not sure I’d put it in a carry gun.

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It’s pretty good and with some loving it is really good but……not sure I’d put it in a carry gun.

Saw another video that shows that's not a concern apparently....

And another:

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it today. Installed it in my Gen 5 G19. Meh. It's very good for a completely drop in trigger. I compared it to a G19X and G45 I put Overwatch Precision shoes/bars and Ghost Pro 3.3 connectors in along with some custom fitting. It usually takes me the better part of half a day to do all the fitting to get the OWP/Ghost trigger combo where I want it.

What I notice about the Timney is that it's got a longer, but very smooth take up to a very light wall (with the minus connector, I'd have to guess the pull is 2ish lbs....though I don't have a trigger gauge to check). By contrast, I've checked the OWP/Ghost combo with a friends Lyman and they are at 3 lbs. The Ghost Pro 3.3 gives a rolling break rather than a distinct wall. Some people hate it, I kind of prefer it. The Timney's wall is so light that I don't really notice it though. The reset on the Timney is short, but not as short as the Ghost Pro 3.3 (probably b/c it's not fitted in terms of overtravel).

Basically what it boils down to for me is this: If you want truly drop in....Timney is very good for the money. Keep in mind triggers are very personal....but my wife and I did check the Gen 5 G19 with Timney against "Gen 5" G19X and G45 as well as against an OWP/Ghost Pro 3.3 Gen 3 17C....we both think the Gen 3 has the best trigger....followed by the OWP/Pro 3.3s and Timney last....but I didn't have to spend a half day tuning it either....so there's that. Not sure why, but with the combo of parts I've settled on, the Gen 3s end up with the best triggers, followed by the Gen 5s and Gen 4s coming in last.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts