XCR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight on the history channel monster quest had back to back one hour shows on hunting for sasquatch somewhere in a remote cabin area in Canada. So they send a team out and try to find sasquatch with a whole bunch of camera bear and biologists, scientists, etc. They have NV gear, thermal gear, a whole bunch of that stuff.

Now later at the end of the first they get a rock thrown at them. So the camera guy throws a rock back, which gets returned.

Now this immediately leads me to thinking what kind of gear would I want to fight off a supposively 1000 lb beast of a sasquatch. The wife thinks i'm special but hey I'm running a gear list so lets go!

I'm thinking a nice 12 gauge loaded with some 00 buck would be good for starting. A couple of .45's for backup with a FMJ and HP just incase. Then If you feel like slinging something across the back how about a .308 assault rifle?

I'm thinking they could have him bagged by the end of hour 2.

Now I hope you got a giggle out of this... but what would you pack to down you a sasquatch? And who WOULDN'T want to have one on the wall?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm going .50 Beowulf and some NVGs. Always thought they were ridiculous but then I never thought about facing down ol Sasquatch.

And for back up why not the .50 Beowulf pistol

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going .50 Beowulf and some NVGs. Always thought they were ridiculous but then I never thought about facing down ol Sasquatch.

And for back up why not the .50 Beowulf pistol

Well those would be some nasty rounds to down a sasquatch! Especially the hollow points! Holy cow that pistol would have some recoil though. No sasquatch bagged tonight on the history channel. If they ever want to go back I would be willing to offer my protection services for the scientists!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I believe that to maintain proper sasquatch (or mutant alieens in fur suits) elimination etiquette one must select a caliber appropriate for the occasion...

As such, manly men might consider using the classic M203 with 40MM HE rounds.

Nothing says you care like blowing that fukkerz nuts over into the next county. ;D

·
Registered
919 Posts
I believe that to maintain proper sasquatch (or mutant alieens in fur suits) elimination etiquette one must select a caliber appropriate for the occasion...

As such, manly men might consider using the classic M203 with 40MM HE rounds.

Nothing says you care like blowing that fukkerz nuts over into the next county. ;D
I think a "Manly" man would take on said creatures with a compound bow and a k-bar.

Since I don't qualify as one of those I'd take a 240B or 249. They seemed to work against the mohabists over the pond, I bet they would work on Sasquatch too.

But who knows, maybe sasquatch is cool and we would end up haning out.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm maybe keep the 240 mounted in the cabin? Have someone setup ready to throw lead back from rock tossing? I'm not sure I'd want to pack one of those things around in the dark :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
But who knows, maybe sasquatch is cool and we would end up haning out.
Ya know, we could setup camp, have a couple beers and that just might be the best option yet!

We could then market him as the next republican candidate and take back the White House in 2012.

Hell, they elected nobama - so ANYTHING is possible. We could get the Geico caveman to be the VP!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I'd build rapport with sasquatch and put him on the payroll and then open a line of family themed, healthy fast food joints across the nation.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The fast food joints sounds cool! If he's pissed at you...in the words of the great [glow=red,2,300]Clint Smith[/glow]..."can I have something with wheels, a lanyard, and 5 miles away?" ;D

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would use a mossberg 590 and stick a bayonet on it and load it with a slug for the first round and 000 buck for the second. After hitting bigfoot in the chest with the slug I would charge it while screaming wildly and stick it with the bayonet, then light off the second round while the bayonet is still in it. I would then put my foot on my fallen foe's chest and start pumping my shotgun in the air while chanting USA! USA! I've thought this through many times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts