XCR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to send a heavy bbl to ADCO at some point for shortening and fluting or contouring. I'm assuming that in order to flute or contour the part towards the muzzle but past the gas block, the gas block will have to be removed.

I see a set screw in the bottom of the block, but is it a press fit onto the bbl? I have a 20T shop press if need be....just wondering what I might be in for. I'm guessing a press isn't necessary at all....

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Nope just unscrew and remove.

·
Registered
22,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

Oh, and if anyone cares....I just bought my SECOND XCR today!! Sold an AR to fund it....the AR went to a friend that didn't own a rifle yet and was a little worried about the current economic situation. I sold it for a lot less than I should have, but it helped him out and allowed me to buy another XCR.

Now I've gotta get a trust done so I can SBR my first XCR!!

Thanks again for all the help guys.

Sean

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
There is also a protrusion on the barrel that will make fitting the gas block back on the barrel to line up with the gas port a no brainer.
By the way which is a damn great feature,just another example of excellent Robinson engineering.I'm still trying to dial in the gas block and barrel holes on my AR180B after having to remove the gasblock to replace the handgaurd.The XCR is such a well thought out design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts