XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will wonders never cease? I've just found an issue where I agree with Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez.

She's a little late to the issue, joining people like Rand Paul and Mike Lee (New Hope for Civil Forfeiture Reform)

Also reposting the Institute for Justice (Civil Forfeiture - Institute for Justice) video that Sean had posted deep in the Rittenhouse thread:

·
Registered
23,084 Posts
Just goes to show there's common ground.....but we're far too focused on our differences and divisions rather than uniting and realizing more government is the problem most of the time. Unfortunately, you generally can't convince a Communist/leftist that more government is rarely the solution.

·
Registered
23,084 Posts
Somehow, I expect she is against this when applied to her voting base and people who believe what she believes, but fully supports this when used against her political opponents and people who disagree with her.
LOL, I'd imagine that's likely true. She'd likely be in favor of CF for guys like the Marine in the video if it was found he was 'right' leaning.

Reactions: themousethatroared

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
In the book Unintended Consequences, the main character Henry Bowman broaches this subject. He picks up his budd, who is a PH in Africa, and the first thing he does is have him drop his wad of cash in a bolted down lock box in Henry's vehicle. He then goes on a diatribe about civil forfeiture.

That was an awesome video. I immediately shared it with friends and family.

Reactions: Sean K.

·
Registered
23,084 Posts
Carrying around $87k in cash is just stupid. You're losing value just because of inflation. Turn that stuff into gold/silver/Bitcoin for long term savings.
Thanks for the investment advice, and I agree that inflation will destroy savings, but it's none of my or your business how someone chooses to handle their currency and finances.

Based on the bank runs and holidays of the early 1900s, I don't blame the guy for not trusting banks....after all, there is a historical precedence set.

Reactions: XCRonald
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.