XCR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have the chance to buy a used Bushmaster XM-E2s Flattop w/ Eotech 511. It's got some cheap Dillon rail covers + originals and a regular non-folding non-collapsing stock. Comes with one 10 round mag. It also has a really beat up Kreiger match barrel + original. I'm still just a newb(although I'm learning quickly) with assault rifles and I wondered what your opinions might be. I really want an XCR and will own one or two some day, but time is of the essence and the fact that this is a private sale is very attractive right now. I know some may say that rushing out and buying weapons before the Obama Nation arises is a kneejerk reaction but I'm not willing to take the chance. He's asking $1100. I really want to put that money toward an XCR but like I said, the time plus the non-registered thing is on my mind.

Thoughts? Considerations?

·
Registered
136 Posts
It sounds overpriced for a beatup gun even with an Eotech. Lets face it, anybody who doesn't have the guns they want very soon is rolling the dice. Forget about the Eotech, you'll always be able to get one of those. If you are concerned about time, and your funds are limited, I would put all that money toward the best basic weapon you can afford now without any of the bells and whistles that won't be affected by a ban. There are deals still out there if you look hard enough. I was resigned to waiting months for a .50 cal Beowulf and got on a list but I kept looking and found a preowned but virtually new and never fired one for less than retail and no wait.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Personally, I would wait and get the XCR. I currently have a Bushmaster M4 and an XCR. While the Bushy is a fine rifle, there is no comparison between the two. I almost never shoot the M4 any more since I got my XCR. The XCR has never jammed, failed to fire or eject. Not even during the break-in period. It is now my go-to gun since it has been 100% reliable. The Bushmaster you have your eye on seems a little overpriced for a used gun even with the eotech. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Go with the XCR. Even if some bad law is past, you still have time.
I know the waiting sucks; but you will be happier in the end.

Even before the XCRs were available I wanted one. I got tired of waiting and bought an AR. I would prefer to have 2 XCRs

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Look ordering an XCR from RA new is only about a 6 - 8 week delay. So save your money and put it towards an XCR. Obama CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT sign an executive order banning Assault Weapons. Only Congress can pass that kind of law. Obama and his Congress have much more important things to handle, like the economy and all that jazz. So settle down, and wait till you have enough money to buy and XCR. Even if you get it without a stock and back up iron sights (to cut down costs) it would only cost you $1299.99 plus the dealer fees ( should be no more than $50 max). If you have $1100.00, I would place the order now and by then you should be able to save up the few extra hundred dollars to actually pay for it. RA doesn't charge you till it ships as far as I know. Skip the AR. You'll regret it if you don't because it will take you that much longer to get an XCR.

That is just what I would do if it were me.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Don't buy crap you won't be happy with. Buy the XCR, it is multicaliber! If you MUST buy an AR, go to the gun show and buy a receiver and necessary parts and build it to your specs. :2cents: In either case you will be happy with what you end up with. ;D

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Don't buy crap you won't be happy with. Buy the XCR, it is multicaliber! If you MUST buy an AR, go to the gun show and buy a receiver and necessary parts and build it to your specs. :2cents: In either case you will be happy with what you end up with. ;D

Bingo. I'm too poor to buy cheap crap or stuff I don't realy want. Buy right, buy once.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
I have a Bushmaster also, and it is not a bad gun by any means. But, I'm liking the XCR more and more.

There's something to be said for having both, just because of the depth of parts, accessories, options or whatever for the AR. But the XCR is definitely the better rifle from what I've seen so far. Buying an AR-15 lower receiver might not be a bad idea, and wouldn't involve a big initial $ outlay.

And even if you go for one later, there are a whole lot more AR's out there, and like meckr said it will just be that much more difficult to get an XCR if a ban comes down.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Don't accept second best........ buy what you want NOW and later you won't have to say "ah, shit."

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I thought I had replied to this...

That is way to much for a used Bushmaster. You can still build ARs for under $700, you just have to keep an eye out for parts. Just the other day I saw lower parts kits on Brownells for $55. Get a lower from spikes or doublestar. Slap a delton upper on and you have a rifle.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your comments. I've decided to order an XCR. This will be the first time I buy a gun without holding it. I wish there was somone in Wyoming or Montana dealer or otherwise that had one, but I'm pretty well sold. All of your comments and this forum of course can take the credit. Prizm's latest comments after going to SHOT really helped too. Thanks Prizm, btw, for the intel. Terra will most likely be getting a call form me in the next few days. Now, like those before me, I too shall agonize over which options to order! :-\

Terra, new stock in the next 8 weeks?!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Thank you all for your comments. I've decided to order an XCR. This will be the first time I buy a gun without holding it. I wish there was somone in Wyoming or Montana dealer or otherwise that had one, but I'm pretty well sold. All of your comments and this forum of course can take the credit. Prizm's latest comments after going to SHOT really helped too. Thanks Prizm, btw, for the intel. Terra will most likely be getting a call form me in the next few days. Now, like those before me, I too shall agonize over which options to order! :-\

Terra, new stock in the next 8 weeks?!!
Semi,

If it makes you feel any better I bought one sight unseen as well. I'm not the type to do something like that either. I bought a used one off this forum. I have not been a bit disapointed in that decision. There were times when I thought that money would have been better spent elsewhere, but I usually bring the gun out of the safe and pet it and all is well after that :)

I now have a conversion kit installed. Haven't fired it yet but I'm looking forward to it.

you won't be disapointed! If you have questions there are some really helpful folks on the forum that will be glad to offer their advice as you may have noticed :)

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Same here,never touched one in my life until mine was in my hands.One of the best purchases I've ever made,and have never looked back.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I did the same except I made a slight detour to SLC to pick mine up direct (and one for my buddy). We had never seen them in person.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts