XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a AR 5.56 magazine loader that they would recommend for 20 and 30 round Pmags and C-products SS mags? Also, which loaders have you tried that did not work well (so I know what to avoid)?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Besides my thumb, which is getting a little long in the tooth (to mix metaphors horribly), I have a Lula Loader which I bought for loading the XCR steel mags. I discovered it also works well with the Pmags.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Have you tried the PMags yet? If not you will pleasantly surprised at how easily they load all 30 rounds.
I was amazed - so far these are the best mags I've ever used - pistol or rifle.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
MAGLULA, its quick for loading and unloading and doesn't scratch the brass or wear the feed lips. With practice it's really fast.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Pardon me for being ignorant, but how exactly does the lula work? The little lever drops the spring and you put the rounds in place? I was looking at the pula or whatever thats called and that looked like the loader I got with my pistol. I really never liked those things because it seemed harder to me.

Keep in mind I have never saw one of the large mag loaders so I'm intrigued, just not sure what i'm looking at ???

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Maglula uses a lever that depresses the opposite round to the location where you will place the new round. New rounds then drop into place and you flip the lever and drop in the next and so on.

Get one, you won't regret it. I have two for AR mags and one for my FAL.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone used the Cammenga loaders C-Products sells?

Jack, I've used my thumb. It's handy and always available. But it gets sore loading a 100+ rounds, especially in hicap pistol mags, so I bought two HKS loaders for my 9mm and .45acp. The 30 round ar mags looked like they would be even more of a pain. I guess I'm either getting old or smart, or maybe some of both. ;D

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
I've got one and haven't used it since getting the maglula.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I picked up a maglula and it really is a joy to use. Simple and effective, my highest complement for a tool.

Thanks to all who recommended it.

Midway USA has the AR/.223 Maglula on sale for $18.99.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Has anyone used the Army surplus 10 round stripper clips in 30 round mags? The local surplus store has for 15 cents

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Not bad, but they can tend to corrode a little and bend when you press too hard to load. Maglula is the bezst solution by fasr unless you can affort their Bench Loader.

They do have a new Strip loader, but I haven't used one as yet.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
The Army ones are OK but for the hassle get a Lula type loader. Even in the army we don't use the stripper clips.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, I just bought Lula loaders for for everything I own from 'Cheaper Than Dirt'. They carry them all.

Here's a decent video of the different loaders:

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
Got one, it works really well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts