XCR Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Sean,
Any updates on your Archon Type B impressions? Have you shot it much? Are you liking it more or less than when you first got it?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I got one recently. I put 25rds through it. It's nice but in the few rounds I put through it, it wasn't different enough to make me want to start all over with a new platform. I was hoping for a bit more of a unique experience but it didn't feel much different than the m&p full size and compact I shot side by side.

Not knocking it by any means. Just didn't stand out as much as I'd hoped.

·
Registered
22,125 Posts
Sean,
Any updates on your Archon Type B impressions? Have you shot it much? Are you liking it more or less than when you first got it?
I honestly don't shoot it that much. I'm still far better with a modified Glock. The trigger is decent...but needs a shorter reset. And....supposedly a new competition sear dropped today from Rain6 to make the reset shorter. I've got an email into the company now to find out just how much shorter it is. If it's under .100 thou, I'll probably get it.

It's a nice gun. Not worth the $850 or so they originally asked, price has come down. Lack of aftermarket IMO, is the biggest problem, but it's also big for the capacity so as a CCW it's less ideal than a 19 or M&P 2.0 with the 3.6" bbl (and Apex trigger).

·
Registered
22,125 Posts
I got one recently. I put 25rds through it. It's nice but in the few rounds I put through it, it wasn't different enough to make me want to start all over with a new platform. I was hoping for a bit more of a unique experience but it didn't feel much different than the m&p full size and compact I shot side by side.

Not knocking it by any means. Just didn't stand out as much as I'd hoped.
I'd agree overall....it does seem to shoot pretty flat though, which is its biggest claim to fame. Was it massively different than a comp'd Glock though? Not really....but it wasn't comp'd either.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Thanks for the update!

·
Registered
22,125 Posts
Honestly, with some trigger work and magna port job, I'm really digging the 43X with the Shield Arms mags (assuming they prove to be reliable). I just got the S15 mags...want to order more. Wish they'd make a flush fit, 20+ round capacity, metal mag for the 19.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Nate or Sean, anymore insight or observations with the Archon Type B pistols?

·
Registered
22,125 Posts
Nate or Sean, anymore insight or observations with the Archon Type B pistols?
Nothing on my end. It's okay...nothing mind blowing. Stand by my old comments.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts