XCR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was told they are still waiting on barrels to come back from chroming. You might want to give them a call to make sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I called today and I guess they are waiting for the barrels to come back from being chromed. They said they shipped so hopefully the barrels will arrive in the next couple of days and then Robinson has to do some more work to them. So hopefully a week and a half to 2 weeks before they start to ship. Though I have known Robinson to give misleading information to try to keep its costumers from running away.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have been waiting on a 6.8 barrel for 4 months now!!!! :eek: I sure will be happy when it finally gets here!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Getting the barrels ground now guys. Won't be long.
I'm not familiar with the process so forgive the question if it's an obvious one. What does grinding the barrels entail? What get's ground...lands, groove, muzzle, receiver?

·
Registered
356 Posts
How's the grinding going on those 6.8s? If you guys need to borrow my Dremel just let me know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
They have some of the barrels done, the problem is the receivers weren't machined to the right specs. so they have to fix or build new ones.

·
Registered
356 Posts
They have some of the barrels done, the problem is the receivers weren't machined to the right specs. so they have to fix or build new ones.
Thanks for the info. I'm super anxious to get mine.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
The operation is bigger than us. We get parts and materials from vendors, and if they let US down, we have to let you guys down. When we tell you two weeks or a month, that's an honest estimate and not something we yank from our tails.

Things go wrong with machines. We only have a few machines and they run 24 hours a day. When one small thing is off on a week's worth of parts, that kills us. We have to start all over or do corrective machining on every single piece. It's not easy, and we work as hard as we can. Big issues like this don't help us with business booming the way it is. We just can't get stuff out the door fast enough.

I get told two weeks by the machine shop guys and the big boss man just as much as you guys do. Me and allie do our best to give accurate dates, but it just doesn't always work out that way. :banghead:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Any updates? How are we looking on that next batch of 68s?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts