Registered
5,071 Posts
"We have to ban our guns to help Mexico."

Yeah, that'll fly.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My entire shop wants to buy an XCR NOW. Three guys. One guy down the hall. Another in the adjoining office. That's five guns in one morning because of this. We don't need to ban the sale. We need to put the guns that are being sold on the border if it's such a problem.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was really hoping we wouldn't hear this kind of thing so soon in the new administration. :(

Just watch as prices shoot through the roof even more than in the last few months.

And I still haven't gotten to order my XCR yet! :duh:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well I guess I will have to take the money I am saving for the PDW XCR uppers when they come out and spend that on the VZ61 pistol and send my Form1 in to SBR it like PRONTO. I already have an 11" XCR so if I miss out on the PDW upper it is not as much a hardship as missing out on another NFA item.

MadDog :duh:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. Now that I'm about ready to buy an XCR I'm probably gonna have to pay 50% markup.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Order direct and transfer through a dealer. You'll just have to wait a while, that's all.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Before the concerns reach unlikely levels, Looks like Mr Holder has been spanked vigorously by the White House AND the Hill

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-02-26.html

Quote:
Pelosi tosses cold water on assault-weapon ban
By Mike Soraghan
Posted: 02/26/09 11:59 AM [ET]

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”

Outside of the dig at the recent Republican president, that phrase is the stock line of those who don’t want to pass new gun control laws, such as the National Rifle Association.

The White House declined to comment on Holder's remarks, referring reporters to the Department of Justice. The DoJ did not respond to The Hill's request for comment.

·
Registered
89 Posts
speaker of the house Nancy Pelosi shot down an assault weapons ban ? are we living in the twilight zone ? is this the same Nancy Pelosi ? meh anyway i ordered my XCR 2/16/09. Do you guys think it will be illegal by april 27 - may 25 when my order will be shipped ?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I know, I read it at first and went...... ??? ??? ???

She actually said it....Oh I wish I had been in the room when Holder got hauled over the carpet by Obama and then gets slapped by Pelosi of all folks.

You know your tenure as an appointee is a little ....tenuous when your boss via the White House "declines to comment"...... :duh:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Wow, that is a bit of a shocker. I'm not sure I would have ever believed Pelosi would say something like that.

As for ordering direct, I wasn't opposed to the idea, other than it might push the lead time beyond when a potential ban could take place.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have to interject.

#1. Pelosi isn't against an AWB. No way. She just is upset that it wasn't her leading the charge. She does not like other's stealing her thunder.

#2. Obama's decline to comment means to me that he doesn't want this on the radar.

:2cents:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
#1. Pelosi isn't against an AWB. No way. She just is upset that it wasn't her leading the charge. She does not like other's stealing her thunder.
Quite possible. Also, the news story as posted above doesn't say she opposes reinstituting the 1994 law. It says that she said “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
If Pelosi and Obambi are pissed about anything, it is that Holder spoke out of turn/too soon. They must have wanted it to remain only on their internal radar and not ours.

They are just waiting for the right time.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well that settles it, I currently have 9 empty (7 full) .30 cal surplus ammo cans, I am going to fill them. Then I am going to buy another pallet of cans, and fill them too. If they push this, rational lovers of liberty will have no choice.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I see no reason to get overly excited yet. If they are planning to just re-institute the 1994 law, it did not ban manufacture and sale of military-type, semi-auto rifles. You'd still be able to get XCRs, AR15s, etc. They just wouldn't have some of the "evil" features they do currently.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Where can we buy automatic weapons and grenades? So according to the article, implementing this assault weapons ban will stop the cartels from getting grenades and automatic weapons?

Mexican government officials have complained that the availability of sophisticated guns from the United States have emboldened drug traffickers to fight over access routes into the U.S.

A State Department travel warning issued Feb. 20, 2009, reflected government concerns about the violence.

"Some recent Mexican army and police confrontations with drug cartels have resembled small-unit combat, with cartels employing automatic weapons and grenades," the warning said. "Large firefights have taken place in many towns and cities across Mexico, but most recently in northern Mexico, including Tijuana, Chihuahua City and Ciudad Juarez."

At the news conference today, Holder described his discussions with his Mexican counterpart about the recent spike in violence.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts