XCR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

click link above for video....

VIDEO: ATF Agent caught creating illegal gun registry with personal cellphone
Joe Biden has ordered the ATF to target lawful gun dealers.

Lee Williams
12 hr ago

by Lee Williams
Dave Nagel, one of three co-owners of Black Metal Firearms in Mesa, Arizona, said there was something odd about the inspector the ATF sent to audit his gun shop late last year.
Pamela Scott, an Industry Operations Investigator, or IOI, from ATF’s Phoenix Field Division showed up in December 2021. Her audit lasted two months and concluded in February, which ruined more than a few Christmases.
“People ask me why I waited to July to go public about this,” Nagel said. “The public needs to know that the crazy stuff the government is accused of doing, they’re actually doing.”
Nagel and Scott clashed from the very beginning. All of his records are on paper. Nothing is computerized.
“She asked me why our stuff wasn’t digital,” Nagel said. “I told her I wouldn’t trust her with our digital info.”
During another exchange, Scott told Nagel he had a lot of “gun nuts” frequenting his shop.
“I told her we prefer ‘gun enthusiast,’” Nagel said. “She said she prefers ‘gun nuts,’ and she works for the ATF?”
Scott found nothing in the shop’s books other than a few minor clerical errors. There were no missing firearms or other significant problems.
“She said she was going to put us in for revocation, and that it may change as it goes up the chain, but that was her recommendation,” Nagel said. “We didn’t sell guns to the drug cartels, like the ATF did. Everything we deal in is something that can readily be sold to a customer. There’s nothing here outlandish. We sell normal stuff to the common man, and she treated us like drug dealers.”
An illegal gun registry

Nagel noticed that Scott always had two cell phones — a government-issue phone and her personal cell.
This became important when he caught her copying pages from his A&D Book — using her personal cell phone.
The ATF requires gun dealers to maintain an Acquisition and Disposition book — a log of every firearm that’s acquired by the shop, as well as personal information of the buyers.
“Once she started recording the information from our books, I confronted her. I was concerned she was creating a database,” Nagel said. “She claimed that copying our records with her personal cell phone was ‘part of the purview of her investigation.’”
Nagel has retained Scottsdale, Arizona attorney Derek Debus to help him fight the revocation of his Federal Firearm License.
Debus reacted strongly when told of Scott’s actions.
“There’s no reason for her to be taking photographs of my client’s data,” Debus said. “It’s illegal. There are rules against it.”
Nagel took several videos of Scott copying his records and posted them on his social media. The videos have gone viral.

ATF declines to comment, again

Scott declined to comment.
“Thank you for the email and yes, I see that you are calling me. I would appreciate you contacting our division PIO Cody Monday with any questions regarding my inspection of Black Metal Firearms. He may be able to answer any questions that you have at this time,” Scott said in an email.
Cody Monday, public information officer for ATF’s Phoenix Field Division, said he could not comment because the investigation was ongoing.
Brendan Iber, ATF’s Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix office similarly declined to comment.
Takeaways

The ATF has recently come under fire for warrantless home inspections, questionable arrests, ignoring federal open-records laws and inflating “ghost gun” numbers, in the hopes that Congress will inflate its budget.
The agency is clearly ramping up their enforcement efforts as part of the Biden-Harris administration’s war on “rogue” gun dealers, which has caused FFL revocations to skyrocket a staggering 500%.
The Black Metal Firearms audit and the actions of ATF’s IOI show — yet again — the agency is out of control.
The ATF is willing to do whatever it takes for a pat on the head from the current administration — even violate the law. This needs to be stopped immediately. They need to be brought under control, because their history proves that the ATF’s mistakes often end in bloodshed.
The Second Amendment Foundation’s Investigative Journalism Project wouldn’t be possible without you. Click here to make a tax-deductible donation to support pro-gun stories like this.

Reactions: roflcopters

·
Registered
23,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually...here's the video on YT:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Can‘t find the vids, but there’s a follow up with who this agent is and how to report these actions. I don’t think anything will be done to her though. Also saw some vids/articles recently on a huge jump in increased FFL revocations due to minor clerical errors. This effort to put FFLs out of business was being driven from the top. On top of that, the recent releases by GOA of how much data the AFT has in “various databases” (I think it was around 900 million records) makes me guess that what this agent was doing has become an unofficial SOP for them. The vid of the “knock and talk” pressuring a guy to “let us see” guns you legally purchased. I can’t think of one thing the ATF is doing to help the average citizen…unless you’re an anti-2A type that thinks as much infringement as possible is a good thing. Then, they might be your jackbooted super heros!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does the ATF do anything that actually helps the average citizen?
Any control always has two sides, positive and negative. The benefits of firearms management are apparent - they consist in the fact that there is no distribution of weapons to those who are not supposed to have them. But the downside, namely the negative side, is that neither the result of control nor the control process can ever be perfect, which entails many consequences.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
The biggest downside is not that the process is not perfect. It is that the process is administered by humans, with their own biases, who use the process to suit themselves. That's what makes any supposedly 'neutral' process or bureaucracy so dangerous.

·
Registered
23,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Any control always has two sides, positive and negative. The benefits of firearms management are apparent - they consist in the fact that there is no distribution of weapons to those who are not supposed to have them. But the downside, namely the negative side, is that neither the result of control nor the control process can ever be perfect, which entails many consequences.
"Firearms management"? Who is (IYO) "not supposed to have them" exactly? Gun "control" shouldn't exist in the first place as it violates the natural right of self defense. Controlling others shouldn't be a goal anyway....for any 'free' society. So much wrong with the mindset displayed here.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I seen a story the other day about a gun holster manufacturer that was contacted I Believe by the ATF wanting their sales records, if I can find it I'll try to post it.

·
Registered
23,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I seen a story the other day about a gun holster manufacturer that was contacted I Believe by the ATF wanting their sales records, if I can find it I'll try to post it.
Yeah, saw the same last night. There were two specific holster manufacturers "Got Your Six" holsters and another.... and those were just two mentioned who provided proof via letters from the US Dept. of Commerce and Census Bureau.

Then there was testimony yesterday at a Senate hearing where the FBI Director refused to explain why they were collecting personal info on all CCW permit holders in various states.

·
Registered
115 Posts
OK, now you are presenting a very rational argument for me to order that custom made holster from Slovenia...

...and an additional argument for continuing to concealed carry under my state's constitutional carry law, without getting a concealed carry license.

·
Registered
23,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, now you are presenting a very rational argument for me to order that custom made holster from Slovenia...

...and an additional argument for continuing to concealed carry under my state's constitutional carry law, without getting a concealed carry license.
Yep....this is proving out to be exactly what people always were concerned about: backdoor registration of guns and/or their owners, which is precisely why ANY gun control is an affront to the principle of the 2A's "shall not be infringed" clause.

Reactions: themousethatroared

·
Registered
23,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Something wicked this way comes....and apparently this has been happening in multiple states.

Missouri Attorney General Condemns FBI’s Illegal Attempts to Harvest Concealed Carry Permit Information from Missouri Sheriffs
Jul 13, 2022, 14:24 PM by AG Schmitt
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Today, Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt sent a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray demanding that they cease their attempts to illegally obtain information from local sheriffs on Missourians who have concealed carry permits. Missouri law specifically prohibits the sharing of information on concealed carry permit holders to any entity – local, state, federal, or otherwise.
“The FBI has absolutely no business poking around in the private information of those who have obtained a concealed carry permit in Missouri,” said Attorney General Schmitt. “The Second Amendment rights of Missourians will absolutely not be infringed on my watch. I will use the full power of my Office to stop the FBI, which has become relentlessly politicized and has virtually no credibility, from illegally prying around in the personal information of Missouri gun owners.”

The Missouri Attorney General’s Office became aware that the FBI is planning to travel to Missouri in August to do “audits” at sheriff departments across the state, which would include harvesting information on those who have legally obtained a concealed carry permit. The letter states, “It has come to my attention that the Federal Bureau of Investigation has informed several Missouri county sheriffs that they will be showing up in August to ‘audit’ CCW permit holder records. The FBI states that, ‘The audit includes an onsite review of your Concealed Carry Weapons Permits…’ Let me be perfectly clear. Allowing federal agents from the FBI to have access to records of Missourians who have a permit to carry a concealed weapon violates Missouri law and infringes on our Second Amendment rights.”

Missouri law states, “Information retained in the concealed carry permit system under this subsection shall not be distributed to any federal, state, or private entities . . . .” § 571.101.9(2), RSMo.

At the end of the letter, Attorney General Schmitt promises to use the full power of his Office to stop the FBI’s attempts to obtain information on Missouri concealed carry weapons permit holders.

The full letter can be found here: https://ago.mo.gov/docs/default-source/press-releases/2022-7-13-ltr-fbi.pdf?sfvrsn=5fbbdf7_2

·
Registered
23,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BTW, the above MO AG letter relates to the FBI Director refusing to answer questions about why they are collecting this CCW permit holder info in the first place.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't trust Schmitt. He never followed through on any of the scamdemic mandate lawsuits. He was endorsed by Pence. He seems to be the hand pick of Blunt, who has spent the last two years voting democrat after he announced his retirement. Blunt ceased to be "a crooked guy but at least he's our crooked guy", and turned into a left wing radical, and was on the committee that wrote the "2022 Assault Weapons Ban".
All of what Schmitt does is for show to get votes in a red state.

I am wondering about the "sheriff" situation. That position has a lot of power and is supposed to be responsible for important things like concealed carry permits.
In St. Louis County, concealed carry permits are issued by the police department which handles all law enforcement. The sheriff is relegated to court bailiff status. They guard the court rooms and serve summons. They may not even be in charge of the jail.
And I am reasonably certain that the situation is the same in St. Louis City (which is in its own county), and Kansas City.
That means that more than half the population in the state does not have a sheriff or sheriff's department issuing concealed carry permits, but has a local, political, democrat appointed police department, that will bend over backwards for the fbi, atf, and the feds.

·
Registered
23,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The FBI's response:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Two days after Missouri Attorney General Eric Schmitt said he would block an FBI audit on gun data, the FBI fired back with a statement Friday, calling their audit routine.

The FBI’s statement, posted Friday afternoon on social media, said Missouri has participated in the audit “multiple times, most recently in 2018.”

The audit seeks to obtain a “small sampling” of transactions from the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information Services Division, services the FBI says are used by national law enforcement and criminal justice communities.

In the statement, the FBI said their audit doesn’t require access to lists such as state-approved concealed carry holders.

On Wednesday, a letter from Schmitt to FBI Director Christopher Wray was made public, in which Schmitt claimed that Missouri law prevented the state from participating in the audit.

Schmitt, who is a Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate, said a Missouri law prohibits sharing the confidential lists collected by sheriff departments with federal, state or private entities. He also contended allowing federal agents to access the permit records would violate the Second Amendment.

·
Registered
23,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't trust Schmitt. He never followed through on any of the scamdemic mandate lawsuits. He was endorsed by Pence. He seems to be the hand pick of Blunt, who has spent the last two years voting democrat after he announced his retirement. Blunt ceased to be "a crooked guy but at least he's our crooked guy", and turned into a left wing radical, and was on the committee that wrote the "2022 Assault Weapons Ban".
All of what Schmitt does is for show to get votes in a red state.

I am wondering about the "sheriff" situation. That position has a lot of power and is supposed to be responsible for important things like concealed carry permits.
In St. Louis County, concealed carry permits are issued by the police department which handles all law enforcement. The sheriff is relegated to court bailiff status. They guard the court rooms and serve summons. They may not even be in charge of the jail.
And I am reasonably certain that the situation is the same in St. Louis City (which is in its own county), and Kansas City.
That means that more than half the population in the state does not have a sheriff or sheriff's department issuing concealed carry permits, but has a local, political, democrat appointed police department, that will bend over backwards for the fbi, atf, and the feds.
Good to know....it also appears (if the FBI reply is legit) that MO cooperated with these same type of audits as recently as 2018. What doesn't make sense is why the FBI Director refused to answer questions about said audit in front of the Senate.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good to know....it also appears (if the FBI reply is legit) that MO cooperated with these same type of audits as recently as 2018. What doesn't make sense is why the FBI Director refused to answer questions about said audit in front of the Senate.
Still trying to classify our politicians into the rinos and true conservatives. The previous AG was Hawley. The rinos cooperated with the democrats to take out Greitens. Greitens was cleaning up the corruption in the state capitol, and none of the career politicians liked that. Governor Parson cooperated. Big rino. Hawley did nothing. Suspect. Schmitt was not in office yet. But he's taking money from and being helped along by all the wrong people.
If Missouri cooperated with these alphabet firearm ownership list building audits in 2018, that's Hawley.
We're screwed. We'll end up with two judases just like Blunt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts