XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a petition to repeal the carry ban for CHL permit holders in restaurants that serve alcohol.This is and has always been a stupid law and anyone who drinks and carries at the same time should be treated like a D.U.I in my opinion anyway,not to mention carrying a firearms while intoxicated is already a class 1 misdemeanor.Even if it gets passed it's not like our braindead Governor will sign it anyway,but what the hell it's worth a shot.

http://www.petitiononline.com/VCDLrtrb/petition.html

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
We just went through this same thing in GA. We are far from done but that was one of the things passed last year. The nice thing about GA is Active Military can carry anywhere that an off-duty cop can. The bad news is the rest of the people in the state can't carry in the same places that a person with a CCW in Kalifornia can. Yeah, thats right, a west coastie can carry in more places in his state than a Georgian can in GA. CRAZY.

Good luck up there in Virginia. Do you guys have a grassroots organization that is spearheading this? georgiacarry.org (GCO) has been instrumental in getting legislation passed and even went against the NRA on a few things (the NRA eventually jumped on the GCO legislation). I have never been part of a grassroots type group before but I can now see how the little man can make a difference.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problem,I do what I can.Thanks for the support.Yes there are a bunch of different groups that work at the grassroots level in this state,them good ole' boys like there guns.... ;D

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I'm glad PA has no stupid laws against ccw in bars...

I carry all the time, that includes when I get dinner or a few drinks at a bar ::)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Um, I don't condone breaking any "laws" ::) - but I carry whenever and where ever possible.

Here are a few simple - yet clearly obvious examples why I do.

The first one was across the State line over in Communist Occupied Maryland.

I prefer not to be a victim. :mad:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Red I agree,I hate going to Maryland.I refuse to go unarmed,and I feel like a criminal.There some neat things to do up there,me and my old man used to go to Oriole games all the time.We need national reciprocity,but we couldn't get that done during the last 8 years we sure as hell don't have a prayer under this PRICK....err POTUS elect.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Florida is pretty level-headed about this stuff. You cannot carry into a bar, but you can carry into a restaurant that has a bar, you just can't sit at the bar. It's a crime to shoot a gun when you're intoxicated, and a crime to brandish your ccw when intoxicated -- but there is an exemption for lawful use of force. So if you've had a couple of drinks, and you're attacked, and you shoot, you're can't be charged-- as long as the shooting was lawful.

It sounds odd, but it makes perfect sense: You shouldn't drink if you're carrying, but you always have the right to defend yourself.

tk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts