XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is posting about other companies products allowed here?

Want to get a TP9 or something of the like.
-grip magwell (mainly for the barrel length while keeping it small)
-foldable brace
-optics ready
-9mm
-non reciprocating charging handle
-accurate (for its size-trigger doesn't help)
-decent trigger (TP9/MP9 is known for having a god awful trigger, do any of the after market triggers fix it?)
-ability to mount muzzle brake or flash hider (do most 3-lug devices fit on it or just the MP9 suppressor?)

I've seen pictures of the MP30T-side cocker (basically a side cocking mac10 with a pic rail) with sig brace adapters but there's zero info/reviews on these.

·
Registered
22,085 Posts
Is posting about other companies products allowed here?

Want to get a TP9 or something of the like.
-grip magwell (mainly for the barrel length while keeping it small)
-foldable brace
-optics ready
-9mm
-non reciprocating charging handle
-accurate (for its size-trigger doesn't help)
-decent trigger (TP9/MP9 is known for having a god awful trigger, do any of the after market triggers fix it?)
-ability to mount muzzle brake or flash hider (do most 3-lug devices fit on it or just the MP9 suppressor?)

I've seen pictures of the MP30T-side cocker (basically a side cocking mac10 with a pic rail) with sig brace adapters but there's zero info/reviews on these.
No real rules here except no spam and label any nudity in the title with NSFW.

·
Registered
65 Posts
-foldable brace
I have a TP9-N. Having a brace or stock is an absolute must. Without one, it just not worth it.

I can absolutely confirm that the trigger is awful. I don't know of an aftermarket trigger. If you find one, I'll buy it too.

I don't know of an adapter, but I bet that someone makes one. FYI, Tar Heel State Firearms has a bunch of the TP9 suppressors coming in at $720 delivered. You have to get on their preorder list. They also offer a soft sided "computer bag" that the suppressed PCC fits in to. It looks cool, but it's expensive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Scorpion micro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
too big and barrel too short

I have a TP9-N. Having a brace or stock is an absolute must. Without one, it just not worth it.

I can absolutely confirm that the trigger is awful. I don't know of an aftermarket trigger. If you find one, I'll buy it too.

I don't know of an adapter, but I bet that someone makes one. FYI, Tar Heel State Firearms has a bunch of the TP9 suppressors coming in at $720 delivered. You have to get on their preorder list. They also offer a soft sided "computer bag" that the suppressed PCC fits in to. It looks cool, but it's expensive.
after market triggers and muzzle devices are my main research right now with very little info.
im more curious about putting a flash hider or brake on the 3 lug adapter then a suppressor right now but i haven't gotten a confirmation from anyone yet that it accepts mp5 3 lug brakes/flashhiders.
Theres 1 video of the customsmith trigger and thats about it.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Why not a GHM9? or H&K SP5?

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
It all depends on what you want. The TP9 is the Steyr and as you can’t get it in FA you might as well stuff a 30 round magazine in a hot Glock and party-on. SBR it with a brace and the toys. For PCCs I have an APC10 and love it. I also have the MPX and a Scoprion. The APC10 is very nice and I fitted an aftermarket trigger which makes a huge difference. Actually they all do. The MPX has a Timney and did have a Binary trigger before the state made them Illegal. The CZ has the CZ Custom trigger but that took some tuning to set it up right. The APC 10 is great but parts are expensive. $700 for a telescopic stock/brace adapter was a lot. But the thing is very well put together. Think of them like this. The Scorpion is your Mustang/Camaro, the MPX is a BMW/Mercedes and the B&T is a Ferrari. The APC10 runs a Griffen three prong muzzle adapter and I run a Revolution .45 can on it. It’s a great pistol/carbine and a heap of fun. If you want 9mm you can get Glock compatible lowers so your pistol and carbine can share magazines. It’s a Ferrari though and parts aren’t cheap. The TP9 is an oddity, but heck, if you like it go get one, just dont forget it was a Steyr design and you may find Steyr accessories for less than B&T.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
The CZ has the CZ Custom trigger but that took some tuning to set it up right.
I went with HBI spring kit + forward set trigger shoe. No live fire yet, but just from dry firing the return strength seem weaker than I'd like. Timney released a trigger pack recently, but reviews are scarce.

·
Registered
22,085 Posts
I went with HBI spring kit + forward set trigger shoe. No live fire yet, but just from dry firing the return strength seem weaker than I'd like. Timney released a trigger pack recently, but reviews are scarce.
The CZ trigger is very AK like, which means the same tricks on the AK work on the CZ. I like mine.....

Reactions: fmunk

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
The upcoming Timney trigger for the Scorpion looks pretty good. I’m looking forward to trying it when I can get hold of one.

Reactions: TexasChris

·
Registered
22,085 Posts

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
LOL...newbies are seemingly having a hard time following this place. Guess it explains why so few manage to stick around. They are apparently used to and like the rest of the interwebz.
IMO, all of interweb has trouble staying on-topic. It's the interweb noobs that can't handle it. Grow a thicker skin.

·
Registered
22,085 Posts
IMO, all of interweb has trouble staying on-topic. It's the interweb noobs that can't handle it. Grow a thicker skin.
Agreed....it's just here there's no mods brow beating everyone to stay 'on topic'....nor should there be. The natural flow of human communication is to drift.

Reactions: fmunk

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
i didnt mind, it was just funny. pcc's are a more common conversation anyway
That's how it is here. It's a small group of regulars, like a neighborhood bar. Conversation is organic... especially when there is really not much else to say (about the topic).

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Oh well, I guess I’ll just go back to not posting then. Seems folks are getting all sensitive again.

Reactions: fmunk and Sean K.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts