XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B&T TP9 pistol

My goal is to by one gun a year until my son is 18 so we have a great collection to share. I have my XCR, an AR in .308 and an HK 94 clone for rifles. I am not in a pistol mood this year. For some reason, the look of the TP9 seems like it will add nicely to the collection. If I get one, I will look at SBR'ing it down the road. Does anyone have any experience with these?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Re: B&T TP9 pistol

From what I can tell they have a good rep. I have handled one, and it felt smooth and solid. Only thing I didn't like about it based on that was the plastic rail.

Without question, you should SBR it and add the folding stock, and probably a suppressor as well. That is what it was built for. If I couldn't do that, I wouldn't buy it, as it is going to be somewhat awkward in pistol configuration.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts

It's basically a Steyr machine pistol that B&T boought the rights to. Nice piece.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts

they seem pretty cool, and as you mentioned sbr'ing it is pretty much a necessity. It's not at full potential without a stock or foregrip...

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I placed the order this morning and should have it by Friday. It will be a while before I can get the SBR done but I am off for a four day this weekend so it will get some rounds down range that's for sure. I've already talked to the Chief and have been cleared to qualify with it and carry it if it has any tactical value.

I feel like a kid in a candy store and can't wait for Friday. Hopefully the sling and extra mags from DSARMS will be in by Friday as well. They already told me the holster won't be.

I have a spare red dot waiting already so I should be good to go.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I got it today and got a chance to get the red dot zeroed and put a couple hundred rounds through it. The trigger is stiff and makes small groups a little difficult. Once I got uses to it I could hit steel silhouettes out to 100 yards easily. While it is probably not a real practical gun it sure is fun and definitely looks cool. I really need to look at SBR'ing it and it will take it to a new level. Pics coming soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts