XCR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, looking to have my soon-to-be XCR Cerakoted Flat Dark Earth.

Also, the Heavy Barrel...is it possible to flute the H-Barrel?

Terra, I know your EPR's fluted...mind filling me in on it? Pwwwwease? ;D

If it is, know of any shops that have the ability to flute it?

Thanks to all!

-Vic

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Some of the other members have used this shop to SBR their XCRs and swear by them. They also have a good rep in the industry so I would not worry.:) I plan on having them do all my barrel work. :2cents:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Giggity...

Newb question: Is the rifling done only past the gas block? Or under the handguard as well?

Also, gr8santini, who did your paintwork? Duracoat?

Thanks again, everyone!

-Vic

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Giggity...

Newb question: Is the rifling done only past the gas block? Or under the handguard as well?

Also, gr8santini, who did your paintwork? Duracoat?

Thanks again, everyone!

-Vic

I had the entire barrel fluted. I did the Duracoat. I'm going to redo the OD green one in digital camo sometime this spring.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahh, very nice. As for the barrrel, I'll probably do the same.

Also, another newb question: The standard RA 16" barrels...are they 16" without a muzzle device installed? Or does a muzzle device (in my case, a break) have to be installed for it to be 16"?

-Vic

·
Registered
325 Posts
I would send ANYTHING to this guy. Bob Cogan, he's been in the custom business for a very long time and has established a very good business and name.

http://www.apwcogan.com/

He has done a AR-15 for me (I sold it because i just hate DI) and the gun worked flawless for me.
He's done my buddy's springfield champion with refinishing, custom parts, barrel jeweling, trigger job, mag well, ect. ect. He's has lots of pretty pics on his website.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts