XCR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering gettin my barrel shortened and a flash hider permanently attached. Does anyone have good recommendations for who can do this for me? I have seen that ADCO has done some good work, and I've seen Daniel Defense mentioned-are there any other good recommendations? What is a reasonable price and turn-around time?

·
Registered
681 Posts
You can do that or you can find a good local smith that knows what he is doing. Ask some of your shops if they have any recommendations. Otherwise you'll have to send it out and turn around times will vary. My local guy will turn mine around in less than 2 weeks. Isn't the fastest, but he is the best there is.

·
Registered
704 Posts
If you are close to Missouri, the guy here has shortened my barrel twice, $50 each time, with turn around a week or less.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
It really isn't that difficult, a local machine shop that has a Lathe (or cnc lathe) can to it for you. I have Daniel Defense do mine only because I know the guys and they are quick about doing it for me. I think you will need to get the flash hider pinned once you get it shortened. If you want to make sure it is done right send it out to someone to do it, especially if there is a chance that you will shoot a can on it. You don't want it to be threaded just the slightest off and try to shoot it through a can.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I wonder if the school Lathe would work, I've used wood on it...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've contacted Daniel Defense, they no longer offer barrel shortening, I have emails out to adco and RA. I expect RA is busy making 6.5 barrels (I hope), so I will probably go with adco. I'm in CA, so I assume most local machine shops probably have little experince and would probably shy away from anythin having to do with guns. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I've contacted Daniel Defense, they no longer offer barrel shortening, I have emails out to adco and RA. I expect RA is busy making 6.5 barrels (I hope), so I will probably go with adco. I'm in CA, so I assume most local machine shops probably have little experince and would probably shy away from anythin having to do with guns. Thanks for the replies.
I would go with ADCO if I were you. The only reason I can get it at DD is because I am local and they can squeeze me in. ADCO does great work from what I have seen and have a fast turn around time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts