XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy got his REC7 in today and came by with it. First impression, I love it and am envious. I was supposed to get mine in today too but due to an oversight on my part (flash hider no no in NJ) I had to cancel it. Barrett wouldn't work with me on the issue like RA has with their options. Neither of us have fired it yet.

I plan to have a shoot off with him once I get my XCR. We'll both be using the Trijicon TA31TRD and 6.8mm so it'll be a fair match up. My range report and results will follow once my XCR arrives.

We're leaving for a black bear hunt in BC tomorrow and I'll post pics assuming I get a chance at a 6.5ft + bear. Which got me thinking we need a hunt thread in the Gallery. So far I've seen a turkey, brown bear and half a prairie dog. A thread for hunts would be cool.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
My latest dilemma (separate thread) is a nuisance red fox.

I hope to post some pics once the nasty critter has sufficient lead poisoning.

Like your idea for a hunt thread...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Dad gum it ,i told my XCR not to be dateing that Rock River kid. Now look what happened.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I was playing with one of those uppers before I left though I didn't get to shoot it because Barrett didn't send a bolt with it. I was impressed by the piston system, seemed real simple, almost AK esque. That barrel has quite a bit of heft to it, even more so than my XCR.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Love the gas block wih the sight, but I just dont see one good thing about arms rails, they look heavier and bigger then most others with just as much or more metal with less mounting points...

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
If I remember correctly the front sight was backwards. You had to push on a 2-sided button to get it to come up (which was not quick or easy on the sample I saw) and it just folds down without having to depress anything. It would seem to me that it should be the other way around. Not sure about the rails, the one I saw didn't have rails. They said that they were about the same as the HK416 rails which, on the one I handled, were not sufficient to use to mount any sort of aiming device. They moved way too much.

·
Registered
431 Posts
You had to push on a 2-sided button to get it to come up (which was not quick or easy on the sample I saw) and it just folds down without having to depress anything. It would seem to me that it should be the other way around.
Agreed, that would suck, and it should be the other way around.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You had to push on a 2-sided button to get it to come up (which was not quick or easy on the sample I saw) and it just folds down without having to depress anything. It would seem to me that it should be the other way around.
Agreed, that would suck, and it should be the other way around.
You're right. I felt like an idiot trying to force the front sight up. Almost broke my buddy's new toy. Then he took it and pinched the two levers and up it went. It did seem backwards but I thought I was just naive about BUIS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts