XCR Forum banner

BATFE Cashed check for my AAC M4-2000!

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  1redgmc 
#1 ·
BATFE cashed my check for my AAC M4-2000! ;D Now the wait begins. :-[ I'm three weeks into the wait for my Gemtech G5. I'll let you guys know how it comes along.

#4 ·
My last Form 1 the check was cashed a week after I sent it in. It took them another 5 weeks to get the papaerwork back to me. I sent two Form 1s in almost 3 weeks ago and the check hasn't cleared yet. Hopefully it will happen soon. I am jealous of your M42K, that is one that I will be getting soon.

#5 ·
1redgmc I think I'm gonna be filling out the trust and getting that notarized pretty soon. I think it would be wise to try to get the ball rolling on some suppressors.

I want a take apart .22 can, an swr trident, an aac m41k or 2k, then last a 308 can of some kind :)

I need to find a class 3 dealer to work with though.

#6 ·
1redgmc I think I'm gonna be filling out the trust and getting that notarized pretty soon. I think it would be wise to try to get the ball rolling on some suppressors.

I want a take apart .22 can, an swr trident, an aac m41k or 2k, then last a 308 can of some kind :)

I need to find a class 3 dealer to work with though.

you are wise. problem is for me is i have no dinero at the moment and you have to pay for the suppressors up front. also i am hoping the frenzy will slow down by march when i do have the dinero.

obama is gun salesman of the year, he got me to spend a lot of money after the election, which i don't think I would have spent if it were not for him. ;)

#10 ·
How do you go about the paperwork and so on for a silencer?
Do you have to choose which one you are getting before you send in the paperwork?
Or is it a "I am going to get a silencer." You send in the paperwork and when you get approved, then you buy whichever one you want.
I have no clue about this stuff, but I would like to get a silencer.
Thanks for the help.

#11 ·
1. Find an FFL/SOT holder in your area that can accept transfer of whichever suppressor you want (if they are a stocking dealer - all the better!)
2. Buy the suppressor of your dreams and have it shipped to your dealer
3. Your FFL/SOT dealer will assist you in completing your Form 4
4. Have your dealer submit Form 4 to BATFE with a Trust (my recommendation), Certificate of Compliance and check made out to BATFE for $200
5. Sit back and wait for it to process
6. Upon approval, your dealer is notified - then notifies you to come pick up your new toy
7. GO HAVE FUN

#14 ·
Once you submit for your first - the rest are EASY - just different S/N's...

Heck - my first Form 4 was hand-written, and they sent it back because I had some stuff incorrect, but still - they were nice enough to deal with and no BS.

Now that I've done several - it truly is easy.

The hardest thing now is the WAIT... well, that and writing yet another $200 check... :mad:

#17 ·
True True, I can still get away with just about anything with the wife. I have picked up an old 870 and a new S&W M&P 9c since I have been home (along with sending a $400 check in for 2 cans). I still have 2 uppers, 2 cans and a M&P 45 to get. I just need to sell my USP45 to fund the S&W. There are a few other goodies also but alas, there are other priorities (I want a Big Green Egg).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.