XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Tuesday I had my two big toes operated on. They were both ingrown really, really bad. I haven't been able to wear any of my amazing shoes for a long time because of this. I procrastinate really bad when it comes to doctors, you see... heh. They scare the hell out of me, and always leave me feeling rather abused and manhandled.

In any case... to celebrate the occasion, I went out and bought:

These...

These...

These (my favorites!)

AND these...

·
Registered
447 Posts
When I saw the first pic I thought you had been test firing XCRs again! :rofl:

You bought more shoes in one day than I do in years!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
How did you try them on before buying them?

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to try them on. There's not THAT much gauze on my toes. :) Besides, I know what size i wear.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ouch chickie! I KNOW that hurt. Years ago I had problems with ingrown nails. The main problem was the shoes I wore pressed against my toes, plus the fact that you must ALWAYS cut nails STRAIGHT never rounded off! The main thing Terra is to soak them like the doc instructs you, I figure in Epsom salts. Keep the area really clean. I ended up catching that nasty nail fungus on my left great toe due to wearing flip flops, getting my feet wet etc, would not respond to any treatment, even Lamisil tablets wouldn't cure it. Ended up having my nail PERMANENTLY removed about ten years ago. Do you know that it is still tender to this day? Just take care of them, and you may want to be careful of shoes that cause pressure against your toes being too tight etc.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Had the toenailectomy done about 6 years ago. Solved the problem for me. Was gruesome to watch though. :-[

Nice shoes. And yes, even though you're one of the guys....You are SUCH a girl. ;D

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
No toenail, I'll bet that hurts in cold weather.

Go for it Terra, my wife has a shoe fetish and due to an gymnastics injury as a child her chiropracter actually recommended wearing heels. something to do with her lower back. She's up to around 60-70 pairs now.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Shoes...guns...shoes...guns...to each their own ;D ;D

I have the same problem with doctors, don't really like going. I actually need to go back to the podiatrist, my toe nails have seen better days.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I had a very badly ingrown toenail once. My disdain for doctors led me to handle it myself. Next time, I'll go to the doctor! :)

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
When in doubt, amputate?

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Both my wife and I have fixed ingrown nails on on both of our boys overs the years. The good news is that both seemed to grow out of the problem eventually (although with our older boy it was sometime in his 20s).

I think Alex should give you a rifle as a get-well present <g>. A red one, to go with the pumps.

tk

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I've had to have an ingrown toe nail removed on my left toe once. It was not fun. My girlfriend at the time dumped me the day after. I don't need to worry about my right foot because there is no big toe there. ;D

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I've had to have an ingrown toe nail removed on my left toe once. It was not fun. My girlfriend at the time dumped me the day after. I don't need to worry about my right foot because there is no big toe there. ;D
EEEw... What happened to your toe?
Lawn mower bit it off when I was 1. ;D

My dad was mowing the west part of the law while I was playing in my kiddie pool on the east side. He had stopped the mower in front of my slide to go pick something up he did not want to mow over. That was long enough for me to go up my slide and slide down into the ejection chute of the mower, which was still running.

It shattered my toe and tore up the skin really bad. The doctors had to amputate most of it. I still have about 1/2 an inch of it and can wiggle it if I try.

Someone on ARFCOM made this for me. :D

Sorry your toes hurt Terra. Get better soon.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
That is hilarious, the saying, not that you are missing a toe. Made me laugh...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts