XCR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Hi folks,

I am planning on getting a CHL this summer and I was wondering what handgun you guys would recommend. I have my trusty 92 FS but being a full size handgun, concealment might be an issue. I would also like to keep it 9mm if possible since I already have a ton of the stuff. Any advice would be welcome.

Btw, just hit the 1000 round mark with my XCR and I have yet to have a malfunction of any type!
You could dress around the Beretta, but yes, it is a bit big for everyday wear.

There is always the 'plastic' route, Glock 19 or Glock 26. I owned a Glock 26, briefly, in the 1990's. Was a nice little firearm, but I like the Kahr more, so I traded it away and now carry a Kahr K-9, others like the P-9.

If you are budget minded, you could look at the surplus P-6 (aka SIG P-225) pistol. These were little used and are a great bargain.

· Registered
48 Posts
Yes, the 92 FS would be hard to cover up for me since I almost always wear a sport shirt and jeans, never a jacket. I live in Houston so the times I wear a jacket can be counted on one hand. Should I consider a smaller weapon? Maybe something in .380 auto?
I consider most .380's BUG's, not primary. Maybe the new Ruger or Kahr .380 would be a good BUG.

My 1986 Bulgarian Makarov weighs 28.6 ozs, loaded with 8 rounds of 9x18 Mak ammo and I do not consider this a primary handgun.

My 1998 Kahr K-9 weighs 31.4 ozs, loaded with 8 rounds of 9x19 ammo. The Kahr P-9 would weigh about 8 ozs less than this.

If you are looking for a some sort of shot to weight ratio, look at the Glock 19 or 26. They're efficient, in a souless sort of way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.