XCR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally someone takes it to the Obama/Biden campaign. No softball questions and Biden crumbles under pressure. In return, for not getting Larry King and Katie Couric softball interview, they pull future interviews.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/10/obama-campaign.html

Youtube video link:

WFTV-Channel 9's Barbara West conducted a satellite interview with Sen. Joe Biden on Thursday. A friend says it's some of the best entertainment he's seen recently. What do you think?

West wondered about Sen. Barack Obama's comment, to Joe the Plumber, about spreading the wealth. She quoted Karl Marx and asked how Obama isn't being a Marxist with the "spreading the wealth" comment.

"Are you joking?" said Biden, who is Obama's running mate. "No," West said.

West later asked Biden about his comments that Obama could be tested early on as president. She wondered if the Delaware senator was saying America's days as the world's leading power were over.

"I don't know who's writing your questions," Biden shot back.

Biden so disliked West's line of questioning that the Obama campaign canceled a WFTV interview with Jill Biden, the candidate's wife.

"This cancellation is non-negotiable, and further opportunities for your station to interview with this campaign are unlikely, at best for the duration of the remaining days until the election," wrote Laura K. McGinnis, Central Florida communications director for the Obama campaign.

McGinnis said the Biden cancellation was "a result of her husband's experience yesterday during the satellite interview with Barbara West."

Here's a link to the interview: http://www.wftv.com/video/17790025/index.html.

WFTV news director Bob Jordan said, "When you get a shot to ask these candidates, you want to make the most of it. They usually give you five minutes."

Jordan said political campaigns in general pick and choose the stations they like. And stations often pose softball questions during the satellite interviews.

"Mr. Biden didn't like the questions," Jordan said. "We choose not to ask softball questions."

Jordan added, "I'm crying foul on this one."

What did you think of the interview?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I thought they were fair questions with fair answers. Not softball for sure but he held his own. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
it's strategy guys. if you are behind in the polls then why would you want to do these interviews? not like they can help you, only hurt you.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If health care is a right and free health care should be offered to everyone THEN

I should be getting free gun cleaning supplies from the government.
WHY?
My exercise of the second Amendment gets my guns very dirty; therefor, cleaning kits for everyone.

Just imagine a candidate having that as one of his or her platforms.

·
Registered
194 Posts
LOL...that was great. We finally get someone with the brass and it ends up being a female reporter. Maybe they are running out of kool-aid. Neither him or Obama will probably do another interview with an unfriendly or unknown until after the election.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Greta and even a Female CNN anchor came out after this report and said ,Its about time the men in this campaign come out and answer some questions.
(Instead of either blame the woman or get the woman to do it for you !!)
That statement hit home with a lot of voters , even Obama supporters were calling in saying they didn't care for Palin ,but why is it always Palin taking the most heat and scrutiny ?
Obama said today the election was only a formality now , Allen Combs said that
He is going by early voting and a lot of that is ACORN and is being investigated.
Early voting in the Republican corner is only at 5% right now and this could turn drastically on November 4th.
Bill Clinton warned Obama not to say things like that ,voters do not like arrogance. And he was acting way to cocky with statements that may surprise him on election day.
It seems the women are the real fighters in this whole thing.
I really believe there will be what is called a smoke vote on the 4th ,that is where you act like your with all your liberal buddy's ,but you vote for McCain because you cant stand Obama . This would give Hillary another shot in 2012 if McCain wins ,and they couldn't call you a racist.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I suspect this is why Obama was pushnig for early voting, so people would vote for him before they realised what an asshole he is.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
The problem isn't that they'd figure out what a [jerk] he is -
The problem is that the amirikan residents have decided that they want to vote themselves "pay raises" by democratic (unconstitutional) means.

A "pay raise" for sitting there and breathing. To be taken - by force - from the most wealthy (hardest working, smartest) in amirika.

And they're willing to vote for ANYTHING that ANYONE says, as long as they're "promised" that "pay raise".

This isn't anything de Toqueville didn't write expressedly about, shortly after the Constitution was signed.

The amirikan residents have become whores - willing to trade their votes for the promise of easy money. Isn't that what a whore does? A specific action (in this case vote, but certainly not limited to "other" actions) for payment? Well, I call 'em as I see 'em.

So when you vote, understand that you're actually attempting to outvote the amirikan resident whores.
Good luck on that.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The amirikan residents have become whores - willing to trade their votes for the promise of easy money. Isn't that what a whore does? A specific action (in this case vote, but certainly not limited to "other" actions) for payment? Well, I call 'em as I see 'em.
Uh, I think that what you defined right there is any job in the service industry. Providing a specific action for compensation?

Describing the American public as voting for a "promised... pay raise" sounds more like trading a specific action for payment down the road (or the potential for payment down the road). To me, that sounds more like what farmers do. A specific action (planting and cultivating) in the hope of a harvest (payment).

So, in my opinion, it is more accurate to say that American residents have become like farmers - willing to "plant" their votes for the promise of a "harvest."

So when you vote, understand that you're actually attempting to outvote the American resident farmers.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Good luck.

A farmer doesn't plant anything voluntarily that goes against his principles.

If a farmer wants to grow soy, he grows soy - but growing corn instead isn't a violation of ethics.

Voting for someone who has confessed - and has a proven track record - of being anti-Constitution just to get the promise of a pay raise........ that's not what a farmer does.

And for what it's worth, I know some folks that have made that trip to Nevada. The whores provide services, and then get paid for services rendered. Same in this case - amirikan residents are providing a service (voting) with the expectation of getting paid for services rendered.

Except it won't work out that way.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Bravo, you do undue injury to the reputation of hard working whores across America! Unlike a large fraction of Obama's supporters, they don't expect something for nothing. If they don't deliver what's being paid for, they don't get paid!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
You know, as much as I'd like to argue with that, I can't.

Good point!!!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Okay, if everyone on this forum sends me money I will not need to vote for Obama.
Don't complain; it's about "economic justice."

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Good for her. she asked good questions and no one is bitchnig about Biden running away from them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts