XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the contact info for Bill Springfield. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND his service!

TriggerWorks
Attn: Bill Springfield
4135 Cricket Ct.
Colorado Springs, CO 80918

Email: [email protected]

From his website:
Robinson XCR and M96 - 4 to 4.5lbs pull, very short, smooth clean break, trigger staging/creep eliminated for the 4.5lbs; each for 3.5lbs. I recommend the 3.5 lbs for target use only, there could be possible light primer strikes on hard primers. Only the lower receiver less the stock assembly is needed.

Priority Mail return postage is included in all prices!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bill does an awesome job on the XCR. Length of pull shortened, trigger significantly lightened, no trigger creep. Also, on stock trigger I experienced mild trigger slap. Not bad, but after 50+ rounds my finger was definitely sore. Bill also eliminated this problem.

However, I missed his warning on there potentially being light hammer strikes if you went with the 3.5 pound option which I did - and as Bill predicted I occasionally got light trigger strikes that failed to detonate the round.

The good news is that I subsequently purchased the 7.62x39 conversion and installed the significantly heavier trigger spring, which I assume will completely solve the problem. The bad news is that, with the new hammer spring, trigger weight is back up significantly (although the trigger is still crisp and without creep).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts