XCR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased two Blackhawk Pistol mag pouches. These were the Talon Flex pouches. My only problem is that I use double stacked mags for my Glock. One would assume this is not a problem as Blackhawk designs their stuff for the military and for LE. Most of these use double stacked mags as well. Their site does not state that these pouches are not intended for double stacked mags.

Well I pushed the mag into the pouch and about halfway in, all of a sudden, "Snap". The plastic piece that is designed to hold the mag in place when the Velcro strap is not used, just snapped into pieces. :'(

I live about 30 minutes away from Blackhawk HQ, so I will be making a trip down there soon. :-\

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone else use these particular pouches?

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/STRIKE-Single-Pistol-Mag-Pouch-TalonFlex,1274,53.htm

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have two of these, keep double stack mags in them and I've not broken either. If i'm not mistaken, i've even laid on top of them on a concrete floor with mags in them and no problems.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I contacted BH and the Regional Sales Manager, Chris, called me up and said that they should support the Glock mags just fine. He also said that it is apparent that I got a bad batch, maybe. In any case he stated that he was going to send me two replacement pouches free of charge under the warranty. He also stated that I would not have to return the broken ones. I told him I wouldn't mind bringing them down to their HQ as I am local so they can determine if in fact it was a bad batch. He declined. Oh well. Maybe they already know about it. In any case they took care of me quite well.

For a while there I was beginning to think that companies have lost that relationship with the customer that was once there. Perhaps I was wrong.

Blackhawk is okay in my book. I will buy from them again.

·
Registered
702 Posts
No experience with the Blackhawk pouches. I use pouches made by Tactical Tailor and they also use springy plastic pieces to keep the mags in place however the TT pouches will work with "any" mags both double and single stack. They even hold single stack 1911 mags securely.

MadDog :mad:

·
Registered
652 Posts
No experience with the Blackhawk pouches. I use pouches made by Tactical Tailor and they also use springy plastic pieces to keep the mags in place however the TT pouches will work with "any" mags both double and single stack. They even hold single stack 1911 mags securely.

MadDog :mad:
I second Tactical Tailor!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts