XCR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Finish wear on the ejector and on the ejector groove on the bolt carrier are normal.Does the rifle "lock up" to the rear when you manually cycle it,or just when you fire it.Does the bolt release have spring tention? In other words,does it stay down until either the magazine follower or you manually engage it? when it "sticks" can you just push it forward or is it locked to the rear? Just making sure you know,but you can push in on the charging handle and use it like a forward assist.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
The only thing that the bolt/carrier could be sticking on is the ejector,if was somehow bent and causing it to hang.Or the bolt carrier or it's being held back by the bolt hold open.It's unlikely the ejector is bent,so I would guess it might be some thing wrong with the BHO.Did you hold up on it while your were cycling the bolt to the rear,if so you may have bent it somehow causing it not to drop back down all the way when you release it,causing the bolt to stay hung open.Easy way to check is rack the bolt with an empty magazine(don't touch the bolt release while doing it)Now drop the mag,and run the charging handle a few times...did it go back into battery?....if not you might have a bent bolt hold open rod.What leads me to this is that when it did stick you couldn't get it to release until you opened the upper,which would release the carrier from the bolt hold open.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Don't thank me yet,I could be wrong...lol ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts