XCR Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Bolt hold open seems to operate normally.

Went to the range yesterday and I could not replicate the bolt/carrier stuck to the rear issue. I was shooting 5.56 rather than 6.8, b/c I didn't have any 6.8 ammo. I don't know if the different caliber would make much difference, but I couldn't replicate the bolt/carrier sticking in the rearward position. The rifle cycles well, on the 4 setting it throws brass ~20 feet, so I turned down to 2 setting. It not tosses brass ~10 - 12 feet. I will retest with 6.8 and post if I have any issues.

I do wish Robarm would get that new trigger out. If they don't start selling it soon, I'm going to have to spend some money on a trigger job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been having the same problem with my 5.56 while breaking it in. I think the spring in the piston is sticking together. I am new to this rifle and still breaking it in, so I am not sure what may be causing the issues. As far as I can tell the spring will lock onto its self not allowing it to release compression bringing the bolt forward. I had this happen around every 5 to 10 rounds. I have cleaned the rifle and lubed to snot out if the spring to see if it will alllow the captive rod in the spring to not stick. I have not got a chance to go back to the rage to see if this will help

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
we had a couple receivers that are slightly small near the rear, a fit tight enough to cause the bolt to get stuck back. Yours sounds like one of those - though it was obviously marginal enough we didn't catch it in the shop. Obviously not too much of a big deal, as the problem seems to have worn in.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.