XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow night I will do a comparison, the 8000-10000 round XCR bolt, to my 3000-6000 round AR bolts. But for now, here is a picture of the bolt and the hammer...not too shabby. The rest of the rifle is still pristine.

Oh, and for the record, I still haven't had any bolts loosen up on me yet. ;D Or for that matter, I have yet to have one single failure, and I would say 90% of the ammo was 55 grain Wolf.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you show a couple photos of your bolt carrier and bolt carrier rails in the upper?
I tried taking a couple pictures of the rails, but the oil just made everything look black. Tomorrow night, if I get the chance, I'll wipe it dry and try snapping a picture. The bolt carrier won't be a problem to get pictures of, here is one that I took earlier....though not a good one...

·
Registered
923 Posts
While on the subject of bolts is it normal to have small pieces of metal on the bolt and the chamber after firing a few hunded rounds. I have not been able to take a picture of it but there is small slivers of metal that cover the blt and the inside of the chamber after I have fired the rifle and have taken it down to clean I notice it. I think it is from the bullets, because I have inspected the casings and they are in good condition. In the Assault Rifles I have fired before I did not notice this happening. If this is not normal is it something I can fix or do I have to send my rifle back to RA. Thanks for your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts