XCR Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts
Wow! Not bad April through December, 8 months that has to be a new record for solving an RA problem.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
It actually was pretty smooth. I think from the time I sent it off to Wolverine to getting it back was 4-5 weeks. I'm guessing most of that was just waiting for the bolt to be shipped up to Canada from. RA and a week each way in transit. I got good communication back form RA and Wolverine and the problem is solved. Sucks when you have an issue, and that it takes some time to resolve, but overall I'm fine with how it was handled.

It actually was pretty smooth. I think from the time I sent it off to Wolverine to getting it back was 4-5 weeks. I'm guessing most of that was just waiting for the bolt to be shipped up to Canada from. RA and a week each way in transit. I got good communication back form RA and Wolverine and the problem is solved.
The guys at Wolverine are great. They know the XCR inside out, and no matter how busy they are, they are willing to take the time to help you as if you are their only customer. Glad to hear the problem is resolved and that you now have a functioning gun. As an aside, because RA makes a pistol version of the XCR, you can order 10 round "Pistol Magazines" for it and use them legally. (As with all things relating to the XCR, Wolverine carries them.)

Firstly, I apologize for the Lazarus treatment of this thread but I really didn't want to create a new one. I just wanted to let you all know that I had the same issues mentioned here (mine is 88XX serial number). My rifle sat in the safe waiting for me to get off my butt and get it fixed.

I purchased the XCR with my eyes wide open thanks to lurking on this forum months before I pulled the proverbial trigger, so I was well aware of the possibility for less than stellar customer service and turnaround in the event that anything happened to my rifle. Thankfully, I have nothing but good news to report! I contacted RA to see about sending it in for repairs and got a reply from Holly Halverson that same day saying that she showed Alex my email and recommended that I send my rifle in for RMA. Three months of "life" went by (work trip to West Africa, 18 month old, etc) and I still hadn't sent it in. I contacted Holly again to make sure that I could still send my rifle in for the inspection/repairs. Again, I got a same day reply with shipping instructions. The next day I shipped my XCR USPS to RA. I was fully prepared for an 8+ week turnaround - like I said, I went into this with my eyes open. After two weeks I got another email from Holly that my rifle was done and shipping back to me. My recoil buffer, BCG, Bolt were changed out and it, apparently, should be good to go (the shipment is scheduled to arrive on Monday).

I guess I just wanted to pass along some good news about RA customer service and turnaround time.

Great news! On the CS front, the reports these days seem uniformly positive.

Reactions: GunnutzON
Firstly, I apologize for the Lazarus treatment of this thread but I really didn't want to create a new one. I just wanted to let you all know that I had the same issues mentioned here (mine is 88XX serial number). My rifle sat in the safe waiting for me to get off my butt and get it fixed.

I purchased the XCR with my eyes wide open thanks to lurking on this forum months before I pulled the proverbial trigger, so I was well aware of the possibility for less than stellar customer service and turnaround in the event that anything happened to my rifle. Thankfully, I have nothing but good news to report! I contacted RA to see about sending it in for repairs and got a reply from Holly Halverson that same day saying that she showed Alex my email and recommended that I send my rifle in for RMA. Three months of "life" went by (work trip to West Africa, 18 month old, etc) and I still hadn't sent it in. I contacted Holly again to make sure that I could still send my rifle in for the inspection/repairs. Again, I got a same day reply with shipping instructions. The next day I shipped my XCR USPS to RA. I was fully prepared for an 8+ week turnaround - like I said, I went into this with my eyes open. After two weeks I got another email from Holly that my rifle was done and shipping back to me. My recoil buffer, BCG, Bolt were changed out and it, apparently, should be good to go (the shipment is scheduled to arrive on Monday).

I guess I just wanted to pass along some good news about RA customer service and turnaround time.
Fantastic news! Let us know how it runs when you get it back.

Hi Canadian Eh,

I had the same problem as yours. I email RA and got a reply from Holly and Alex. The response was very positive where they will cover the replacement of the bolt carrier group. I was asked to contact Wolverine Supplies. The team in wolverine are very pleasant to talk to (Ryan, Helen, Gail and David). Instead of just sending me the parts, they asked to send the whole rifle to them free of charge for proper inspection. I sent it to them and was received by Sept 20, 2016.

I am hoping to get it ASAP with proper tune carrier group and hopefully no issues will be dealt with moving forward.

Wolverine has been treating the XCR owners very well in Canada. RA does a lot of business through them so they are usually well taken care of.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.