XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up one of these fancy chinese Wi-Fi borescopes and finally found something to use it on. I think as I deep clean each of my barrels I'll post a new one here.

First up is a 12" 7.62 that was pretty disgusting. Fed it a bunch of tula before this.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Picked up one of these fancy chinese Wi-Fi borescopes and finally found something to use it on. I think as I deep clean each of my barrels I'll post a new one here.

First up is a 12" 7.62 that was pretty disgusting. Fed it a bunch of tula before this.

Just so I understand what I am seeing in the screen, there is a circular (maybe oval) mirror, angled at about 45 degrees, which is showing the perpendicular view of the side of the inside of the barrel, as if you had slit it lengthwise and rolled it out flat?

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Kind of like the first one/gyn exam I HAD to do...it ruined some of the magic!

• Haha
Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
53 Posts
That is some clear video. The machining looks terrible, with some serious pits that looks like they came with the barrel. Is this only black & white video, so no color showing actual copper fouling? The cleaning shined it up nicely, but the fouling did not look that bad to me. What's your assessment?

·
Super Moderator
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks pretty underwhelming and I'd think that would have some effect on velocity. I did have some FTEs recently but it turned out to be a bad extractor. Whoever is cutting these barrels for Alex needs to change tooling more often. Accuracy on this tube is good for 12"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts