XCR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is not in my hands yet but should be next week. I have a Aimpoint CompC3 I'm putting on it. It does not have open sights yet. I do plan on getting some down the road. I'm not sure what mount to get. I know it depends on what co witness you want. In the future I also plan on getting a magnifier. I don't need to use a cantilever mount because the XCR has a full monolithic rail.
Any help greatly apreciated

·
Registered
704 Posts
I run Larue LT-123 rings and they give a direct co witness. The centerline of the optic will be 1.28 inches. Real close in height and a lot cheaper is a Burris 3/4 inch tall ring with a centerline height of 1.34 inches.

I have run both of these and it helps with the slight offset between the stock and top rail, yet I can use my irons through the scope.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Second an anything LaRue makes. You'll pay a bit extra but you'll wear out before those mounts do. It's good peace of mind to have.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Welcome, you will enjoy it. Buy lots of ammo and go have some fun.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My eyes just won't focus on open sights anymore (at least not worth a hoot past 10 yards.

So I am runnign without them.

Not a bad setup to have a one piece scope mount and swith back and forht. The zero stays good enough for target shooting where I am after groups.

Put the EoTech back on when done as that's what I would use normally. Close enough for the ranges I would shoot at.

I may get the most inexpensive BIUS I can find sometime just to complete the looks, but no way I can use them.

Nice in my case not to pay for something I can't use.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I'll bite : What kind of lever actions do you own?

tk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts