XCR Forum banner

Is the chrome finish on this super awesome?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm generally in favor of all black myself but I have to admit it adds a lot of interest to the rifle. I like it.

UPDATE: The more I look at it the less I like it. I think a very dark gray just slightly lighter than the black would add just enough contrast, but not too much. A+ for effort. Experimentation is good.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Hmm, maybe for the local pimp contest. Gold Desert Eagels were soooooo last year.

;)

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
The gas tube is alright and maybe the bolt, but the rest is meh...

I once had the trigger, slide stop, and mag release of a Kahr K9 gold plated, but only because it didn't cost me anything. I sold it because it was too "pimp".

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
That rifle right there is a perfect example of why AR stocks just don't look good on the XCR (In my opinion). It just doesn't flow.

Yeah, it looks like the parts were sandblasted, not my style, at least not on a rifle. Come up with a Sniper Grey/Black finish and you may have my attention.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's interesting, I was considering sending some of my internals to Robar for their NP3 self lubricating Nickel/Teflon finish. Now I have and idea on what it might look like. Do you do the entire bolt assembly and firing pin? If so, how does it shoot, particularly, how does it shoot with a can?

What I had in mind was the gas valve, gas tube, bolt and bolt carrier, and some of the trigger components, you know all the hard to reach spots.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Put some more chrome and some gold and that would be my pimp gun. :)
And may be some flashing lights. Can we please get some spinners on that?

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I am the only one that voted awesome? ??? ;D

·
Registered
986 Posts
Sorry, I don't like the chrome....

BTW: Terra thank you for sending me the pix via email. I hope your new year is going well for....

Dredd

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I refinished my XCR in FDE, got tired of everything being the basic black so variety is nice but the chrome is not for me.

As for chrome parts, I wouldn't be terribly against a chromed bolt. Not the carrier necessarily, just the bolt. Easier to maintain, easier to PMCS for cracks and stuff.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
See, I voted the parts looked sandblasted... especially up close. Crappy pictures...

But I would definitely go for real chrome. If the parts were shiny like real chrome, I would buy it. Then again, I have a thing for gold AKs... :rotatingsmile:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts